1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2014

Discussion in 'Subbies Rugby' started by Rugby Central, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

Apparently the Breakers had a player red carded from the kick off in 2nd half so they played for 60 minutes with 14 men. At that level against Brothers it must have been a pretty big effort.
    Pfitzy likes this.
  2. Monty Python Ted Fahey (11)

Look, I don't know Tim Richards from a bar of soap, but at the Div 3 1st round of semi finals a few weeks ago, his attitude was unnecessarily unpleasant and combative - and this was just when checking the ID cards before the game! At the time I had the feeling he must have had a bad week. However, perhaps he's just been doing the job too long. Do these guys do annual performance appraisals with their managers? If not, perhaps it's time to start.
  3. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

The subbies culture in general seems to be combative. With clubs folding, others moving to different comps and numbers dwindlingly the constant threats of relegation are unhelpful.
  4. Whale berry Larry Dwyer (12)

On a different note, Brothers are saying they are going to Div 1 next year.
    I think they will struggle, particularly in the lower grades.
    They have reengaged with the school, SPX and the colts program is looking good, but maybe a season too early to go up.
  5. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

Promotion/relegation so by winning 2nd Div they should expect to be playing 1st Div next year. Issue for subbies is do they run a 9 team comp in Div 1. I agree it is probaly one or two years early for Brothers particularly if subbies stick with 5 grades + Colts.
  6. Prodigy Syd Malcolm (24)

Perhaps the key for Subbies is to look at how the divisions are structured. I think that there are way too many clubs struggling in that lower level of the club. My suggestion to Subbies would be:
    DIV 1 - 4 Grades and Colts
    DIV 2 - 4 Grades and Colts
    DIV 3 - 4 Grade with optional Colts to play in Radford Cup
    DIV 4 - 3 Grades with optional Colts to play in Radford Cup
    DIV 5 - 2 Grades with optional Colts to play in Radford Cup
    DIV 6 - 1 Grade with optional Colts to play in Radford Cup

The next mark would be to create two tiers of Halligans Cup competitions. The first would be for teams that would like to compete in a 'fifth grade' each week. They would schedule a full season with these clubs, playing off for the Sutherland Cup. Obvious preference would go to Div 1, followed by Div 2, etc.
    The Halligans Cup would be compete for by clubs who cannot commit to a full season and want to schedule their own games week to week.
  7. BPRC Bob McCowan (2)

Just a quick edit. Due to Scheduling changes this match will kick-off

11:25am Sunday 28th September at Brookvale Oval

Intersting dynamics between the Newport and Brothers boys after last weekend for Div 2 side.
  8. Peej Allen Oxlade (6)

What are Predictions for the gf's today?

I'm going with:
    1sts: St pats is a high scorer
    2nds: St pats in a tight one
    Colts: old ignatians in a tight one
    3rds: colleagues
    4ths: St pats
    5ths: old ignatians

Great weather for running rugby today!
  9. Nusadan Chilla Wilson (44)

From the Old Ignatians fb page:

Colts win the Grand Final 47-35 in extra after being down 28-0 at half time!! 47 unanswered points! Unfortunately 5ths went down 20-17

Must have been some game to watch in the Colts, eh?
  10. Peej Allen Oxlade (6)

Was a cracker! Try on full time from iggies to level it then iggies got away in extra time. Gotta feel for Mosman fellas to see that slip. But full credit for iggies not to drop off at 28/0
    Nusadan likes this.
  11. boyo Mark Ella (57)

FT 1st. grade SP 40- Drummoyne 5

! RC Drummoyne and 1 YC SP !st. half

! RC SP 2nd. half

Some of the SP players must have had spiders on them.

Cracking weather - sunny and a blue sky.
  12. Jessie Trevenar Frank Row (1)

Just watched the touch up! Pats v Reds Div 1 GF
  13. Whale berry Larry Dwyer (12)

The Pats no 15 is quick, what is his back ground?
  14. Jessie Trevenar Frank Row (1)

I could be wrong, but i think it is Nick Riley?
    Former Eastwood and Wests, Aussie 7's. Was Man of the Match I believe.
  15. Whale berry Larry Dwyer (12)

Yep the team sheets list him as Nick Riley, the 7's background explains the speed.
    Jessie Trevenar likes this.
  16. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

Rumblings getting louder out of subbies about Drummoyne facing relegation due to number of red cards. Not sure why Div 2 clubs should bear the brunt of a club with a history of unsavoury player behaviour.
  17. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

Looked like plenty of Drummoyne supporters. Were there many St Pats supporters there? Judging by footage from the Barraclough Cup the week before the crowd looked bigger in Div 2.
  18. Pfitzy Tim Horan (67)

Div 1 has had to do it for years. Maybe give someone else a turn?
  19. Tommy Tudehope Ted Fahey (11)

wow. 15 for Pats has some class.

Any reason Pedro wasnt playing? Think I saw he running around in one of the lower grades?
  20. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

DIV 2 has there own version of Drummoyne and its called Oatley.