• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
Should be a good year for UWS / Hawkesbury Ag College in Div 3 as they build towards their 125th Anniversary in 2016. Big years like that always brings old & new players out of the woodwork.

Go the blood & mustard - Wazzie - Wazzie - Yah!

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Should be a good year for UWS / Hawkesbury Ag College in Div 3 as they build towards their 125th Anniversary in 2016. Big years like that always brings old & new players out of the woodwork.

Go the blood & mustard - Wazzie - Wazzie - Yah!

Rumoured strong recruiting as well.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Great shame that Hornsby have left. It will be interesting to see how they go in the Central Coast comp. Likewise Harlequins in the Illawarra comp

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Anyone close to the goings on at St Ives Rugby? Word is that AGM resulted in the removal of current President and entire Committee. Anyone got any intel?

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Anyone close to the goings on at St Ives Rugby? Word is that AGM resulted in the removal of current President and entire Committee. Anyone got any intel?

Their facebook page seems to have a lot of info on it. Plenty of plans, but no info on the committee changes

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Crashy it certainly makes for depressing reading. The Dashboard on page 8 could not read worse. Player numbers down, club numbers down, crowd numbers down. What is the ARUs response to this? Make it more expensive to insure players and introduce a new $33 per player rego fee. How much is that joke Pulver on again?

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
The problem is no-matter where you look in NSW its the same story – schools, junior clubs etc

No funding from ARU / NSWRU
Less players
Less clubs
Less media coverage

I wonder how much $ from this alleged bigger TV deal we flow down to the grassroots

Fuck me this game is dying

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Thats alright Pulver and the rest of the clowns at Fort Fumble are still earning a good quid.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
From the chairman's bit

Our most obvious
challenge was the
downturn in our team and
player numbers, with an
unfortunate number of
forfeits and withdrawals occurring - almost exclusively
in our top division. Some of this was foreseen, but the
extent of the problem – particularly in Division One - was
not. Whilst the Board wishes to keep Division One as a
ten-club competition, we recognise that the integrity of
the competitions require all clubs to meet their playing
requirements. We must say clearly that clubs that cannot
meet those requirements will be replaced.

If the Board didn't see that coming, they're not fucking paying attention.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Its a commical comment really. Campbelltown were nothing but transparent and the board ignored the warnings. Relegation threats might have worked in the past but with many clubs main concern now pure survival I dont think they care what Div they are in as long as they are still around.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Worse than that: its a fucking kneel-down-and-smoke the Eastern Suburbs clubs.

Good luck replacing them long-term. The Five-grade system is broken.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
They originally came from the Illawarra comp and they'll do well back there with 3 grades plus colts being their only requirements.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah love your work Pappy:

<snip>

"There’s no investment in the game anywhere. They just keep throwing money at the top of the tree. It would be nice to see some direction and investment in the game in other than those at the top of the tree, but it doesn’t seem to happen.”

<snip>

“The clubs in Sydney effectively have to put those teams together and fund it and carry the risk,” Papworth said. “At Eastwood we didn’t get involved formally (with the Rams). We pulled out for those very reasons. We didn’t see it as our role."

Well Pappy, as a wise man (me) once said: Get Fucked.

You love to criticise everyone else but can't take any honest evaluation of your own club. You decided not to back the NRC because you saw risk. The ARU is just doing the same.

Without that top of the tree there is ZERO FUCKING MONEY mate, so get a few old boys on board and start thinking up initiatives like web streaming, or go play Subbies.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Sorry, been away but can someone enlighten me.
  • Div 2 is 9 teams, keeping St Ives.
  • Beecroft is nowhere to be found at all
  • Seven clubs in Div 3
What is going on?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
grading is next year isnt it?

Yeah usually from memory. Though they'll settle the top Divs as soon as they can (promotion/relegation being a factor) but 4-6 won't be decided until late Feb or even early March.

After this year though, and teams leaving the comp altogether? Well that just isn't pretty.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Sorry, been away but can someone enlighten me.
  • Div 2 is 9 teams, keeping St Ives.
  • Beecroft is nowhere to be found at all
  • Seven clubs in Div 3
What is going on?
Incorrect, Division 2 will be 8 teams. St Ives not definite to be in. Brothers up to Division 1 I believe. Oatley out????

Status
Not open for further replies.