• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
yeah happened to us against UNSW. Beat them twice and then hammered in the final. It was a joke.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
What's happening in Div 4... How does the 1st placed Blacktown flog the 2nd placed side Irish but 90 odd to zip. Great to see Blacktown doing well but something is seriously askew with a difference like that between the top two sides.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Those results can happen out of the blue.

We knocked Macarthur out of the first week of finals this week with a 70-0 win.

We weren't expecting it at all. We hadn't put 70 on anyone all season, not even the team coming dead last.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What's happening in Div 4. How does the 1st placed Blacktown flog the 2nd placed side Irish but 90 odd to zip. Great to see Blacktown doing well but something is seriously askew with a difference like that between the top two sides.

It was at Blacktown so clearly Irish didn't travel well.

But every grade to zip? While giving up 200+ in three games? Jeez...

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
But every grade to zip? While giving up 200+ in three games? Jeez.

Can happen in July though. Get a perfect storm of injuries and holidays, add in a distant away game, few Saturday morning drop-outs and you've got a disaster on your hands.

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
Stood down rest of the year.

Players responsible refused to front judiciary two weeks in a row despite multiple attempts to get them there. Essentially they didn't want to own up, so like spoiled children they ran and sulked.

I'm fucking livid. We were in the finals for 2s, and had a decent shot in 1s.

Now that's all fucked because of a handful of blokes I wouldn't cross the street to piss on if they were blazing.

I won't name them here because they're low dogs who cut off a rebuilding club at the knees.

They've got life bans from our club and anyone with sense would refuse to register them. Same as the coach we booted.

Lessons we learned too late. And we had no warning anyway until it exploded so fuck. . .

Anyway I'm getting a headache thinking about it
Sorry to hear about your disaster, hope it is the catalyst to rebuild in better shape

Cranky Penguin

Stan Wickham (3)
Gone a little quiet in here.

Who is going to win the Barraclough this year?

Hunters are obviously the favourites with the best record of the regular season. They have lost their 8 and captain but seemed to have picked up a former west harbour first grade second rower and the return of another ex international second rower from last year. Their whole forward pack is strong. Plus their Fijian connection at 7, 9 and 15 also is very explosive. Hard to beat.

My money is on Forrest though. They are the only team to beat Hunter this year. They have snuck under the radar of late. They are back into fourth spot like last year, and they went onto win the comp then. The new leaguey number 6 has made a difference. Big Pat Maile back to damaging form and the reemergence of Craig Thomas. Strong back row there. They also have arguably the best number 10 in the comp in Butcher.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big 8

Bob McCowan (2)
Gone a little quiet in here.

Who is going to win the Barraclough this year?

Hunters are obviously the favourites with the best record of the regular season. They have lost their 8 and captain but seemed to have picked up a former west harbour first grade second rower and the return of another ex international second rower from last year. Their whole forward pack is strong. Plus their Fijian connection at 7, 9 and 15 also is very explosive. Hard to beat.

My money is on Forrest though. They are the only team to beat Hunter this year. They have snuck under the radar of late. They are back into fourth spot like last year, and they went onto win the comp then. The new leaguey number 6 has made a difference. Big Pat Maile back to damaging form and the reemergence of Craig Thomas. Strong back row there. They also have arguably the best number 10 in the comp in Butcher.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big 8

Bob McCowan (2)
Hunters finished Minor Premiers but it means Jack....come finals. All 4 teams,Hunters Hill, Blue Mountains, Waverley and Forest can win on the day. Should make for a cracking Finals series. Bounce of the ball between them!!!!

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
Hunters finished Minor Premiers but it means Jack..come finals. All 4 teams,Hunters Hill, Blue Mountains, Waverley and Forest can win on the day. Should make for a cracking Finals series. Bounce of the ball between them!!!!
My money also on Forest. Peaking late in the season, just like last year where they defeated all 3 finalists on their way to the premiership.

But my call for game of the round is Stockdale (2nd grade) major semi this weekend. Forest vs Waverley. Waverley's only defeat this year was to Forest a fortnight ago, and it was a convincing defeat.

Both teams extremely strong in all positions, with some key players who are arguably better than their 1st grade equivalents.

I can't pick a winner this weekend but it will be a great game and regardless of result my prediction is that they will meet again in the GF, with reigning premiers Forest winning.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Forest needs to hope for rain to continue if they are to be a chance against Waverley. My tip for Barraclough remains Blue Mountains just over Hunters.

History says clubs with multiple grades in finals struggle. I recall Newport had 4 grades in last year were all bundled out week one. Mountains are the only Barraclough team that will have fresh reserves and in wet weather footy with torrid forward exchanges that could make the difference.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Forest needs to hope for rain to continue if they are to be a chance against Waverley. My tip for Barraclough remains Blue Mountains just over Hunters.

History says clubs with multiple grades in finals struggle. I recall Newport had 4 grades in last year were all bundled out week one. Mountains are the only Barraclough team that will have fresh reserves and in wet weather footy with torrid forward exchanges that could make the difference.

Sorry forgot to add Mountains have beaten both Waverley and Forest in both home and away fixtures this year. Not an easy feat at Melwood and Waverley oval either.

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
History says clubs with multiple grades in finals struggle.
Except last year where Forest won 1's and 2's? ;)

And not being combative, but interested in why you think Forest can only beat Waverley if it's wet? They beat them a couple of weeks ago (in all grades I think) on a dry pitch.

rugbyking2

Allen Oxlade (6)
No matter what happens, should be some cracking games across all grades down at David Phillips.

If Waverley don't win at least 2 premierships I believe they'll be disappointed.

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Except last year where Forest won 1's and 2's? ;)

And not being combative, but interested in why you think Forest can only beat Waverley if it's wet? They beat them a couple of weeks ago (in all grades I think) on a dry pitch.

It wasn't dry - the game got moved from Waverley to Forest because of the rain!

Status
Not open for further replies.