• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
You know what would be cool, being able to change the Intro Tags on our teams. I.e. for me Playing for Hunters Hill, Disappointed in The Wallabies, Frustrated with The Waratahs, Couldn't Care Less about the Lions etc. Rather than the proudly supporting... nothing to be proud about in Aussie Rugby at the moment.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
im not picking on Epping, they are one of the better teams. I only mention it because i live in Drummoyne and its close by.

Dont get me started on filth clubs like Hunters Hill, Lindfield, Oatley and Merrylands.

Balmain isnt east its west, inner west, but still west.

I am 100% for western sydney expansion and have been consistent in this.

i feel (and stated) that parramatta needs to be looked after, as with eastwood and west harbour, id also like to see games from either side brought to ANZ to try to capitalise on the homebush/wentworth point/concord west/auburn market.

Id like to see teams like Dundas Valley expand to capitalise on neglexted western sydney areas like carlingford, oatlands and Northmead.

If you want to start a petition to get western teams around Ryde, Ermington, Rhodes, wentworthville then I will sign it!

Tuggeranong is broad and i want to capture Goulburn to Jindabyne, the Jindy pigs (are thats their name?) looked strong and promising. Maybe wecan take games to Albury?

i dont know, but one thing i do know is i have VISION! And i seem to be one of only a few.

surely a troll but a small part of me actually wants this guy to seriously think he has vision

laura.ainslie

Peter Burge (5)
BB..maybe you should dial back on the invective. I appreciate no club is perfect but calling clubs "filth" so quickly after inferring another club is racist, you're pushing the envelope.

• Taking out the most recent case, Hunters Hill hasn't spent any more (and probably less) time in front of the judiciary than most Clubs. I don't believe they've ever been busted down a division for bad behaviour.
  • Lindfield paid a heavy price (some say disproportionate) for the stupidity of one person over a $600 payment - to a 2nd grader. They've never been below Subbies Div 2 so can't be that filthy. Just up the road Knox Old Boys got busted from Div 1 to Div 4 a few years ago, not sure if that was due to "filthy" behaviour.
  • Oatley have had their troubles but I'm not aware of anything to suggest they are any more or less "filthy" than the rest of Subbies
  • Merrylands is the only club on that list that I'm aware of (and I don't know enough details to make a blanket call) that could possibly qualify as "filthy"
You are obviously passionate about club rugby. That is a great thing. But that doesn't make you right, or better in anyway to anybody else on this forum or out there in Clubland.
By the way:

You are aware at how that sounds?

This isn't directed at just you Rugby Central. I thank you that you said you didn't have enough information to make a blanket call.

I'd love to hear some valid reasons as to why the current Merrylands side are viewed as filthy though. I've experienced the same, if not worse, behaviour from other clubs over the last 14 years in my involvement. Make no mistake, I'm aware there were certain players in past years that caused issues, but they were far and above the minority. Even with the certain few players Merrylands has had in the past few years that caused issues, the majority of the players never caused a problem and were far from filthy, yet they (and the officials...) get lumped in with the problematic players.

Every club has grubs, every club has players lose their temper at times (which isn't okay in any officials mind I would believe, it definitely isn't on in my book). Don't judge a club based on a select few angry past players.

Just a thought, but maybe if clubs didn't go to play Merrylands (or any other club) with their mind already set thinking they were filthy, they'd actually find that they are the same as any club and just want to play a damn good game of rugby and then have a few beers with the opponents.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
im not advocating promotion and relegation, but what Shute does have alongside the NRL and even AFL is the tribalism of the neighbourhood.

Shute Shield are very small neighbourhoods.

They have awesome supporters in a lot of cases, but even the big days like Rats v Manly only turn crowds in the low thousands. Most clubs don't even get past the hundreds.

If you grew up in those clubs, or played for them, chances are you'll support them. Maybe fanatically.

But there are a crapload more rugby people who don't align with Shute Shield clubs. Ask some of the old boys who played for St George back before the merge with Port Hacking in 1989 - they'll support Southern Districts, but they'll always be St George.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
But there are a crapload more rugby people who don't align with Shute Shield clubs.

HERASY!!!!! SACRILEGE!!!!!! FALSE NEWS!!!!!

No such people exist Pfitzy.

Pulver, Clyne, Papworth, et al. have told me so. And proven by making sure no money is wasted a such a tooth fairy constituency

I'm so disappointed Pfitzy, and you were showing such promise with your comments about Campbelltown;)

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips

After 2 weeks off this week should be interesting, most clubs should be getting guys back from Injury and should make for interesting results

DIV 1
Drummoyne v Petersham- MOTR... Should be a cracker, Petersham coming off a shock loss to St Pats in the catch up game but I think they may knockoff the competition Leaders
St Pats v Waverley- Close to call this, Pats coming off a big win Waverley now sitting at the bottom, they'll have a point to prove. Ill Go Waverley in a tight one
Knox v Balmain- Not sure with this one but will go Knox purely as they are at home
Colleagues v Mosman- very close 2nd to match of the round, reckon colleagues will get up here purely on home ground advantage

Div 2
Blue Mountains v Hills- MOTR... 2 teams who know each other very well with their battles over the years. This is going to be really close and by all accounts the Round 1 score line doesn't reflect how close it was, Hills to get up I reckon in 1 of 2 upsets in Div 2 this week
HAC v Forest- Calling an upset here of some sorts, although Forest beat HAC in round 1 I think they might be able to do it again this week out at college oval, if key players stay on the field for Forest they should have the defensive structure to hold out HACs elusive outside backs (former Blacktown 2016 Players)
HH v UNSW- Seagull Butlers men should come away with the chocolates here, UNSW are an improved side in 2017 but hard to see them knocking off HH who will be looking for is it 22 or 23 first grade wins in a row Seagull?
Beecroft v Lindfield- Lindfield will be too strong in this one, their set piece will help them dominate the game, Beecroft are tough to beat at home though so it wont be by much

DIV 3
HVRC v Iggies- Iggies should do this one pretty easy against the luckless Valley boys
Newport v Epping- MOTR... this should be a cracker, Newport undefeated at home thus far, Epping beat them quite handsomely last start and I think they will get up again
Brothers v St Ives- very tough one to call here, Brothers seemed to have recruited mid season and I can see them knocking off St Ives at home
BOBS v Redfield- again should be another belter this one. I reckon BOBS will get this one as they have improved since their first up out loss to redfield

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
I thought the chat on here was that Epping had lost a few guys. Weren't some of them headed to Beecroft and Lane Cove?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Didnt Hurlo & Heavy D insinuate it was to Forrest? Either way cant be looking good for Epping's run home in the 2nd Half.

Id agree with Subbies Veterans tips though, some exciting matches coming up
Will have to speak to my guy at Epping pub

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Forest Players Are Ex Premiership Players From Gordon And Manly.

The Players Who Left Epping Were Going To Lane Cove If You Read The Earlier Pages

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
DIV 2

Blue Mountains v Hills - Mountains By 14
HAC v Forest - HAC By 10+ But Expect A Big Effort From Forest With A Tough Road Trip.
HH v UNSW - Hunters By 40. To Big To Fast To Strong.
Beecroft v Lindfield - Crofties By 7. The Break Was Needed and Croft Get Cattle Back.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Valley v Old Iggies - Iggies Going From Strength To Strength. Iggies By 40+
Newport v Epping - Newport By 2 Tries. Tough Trip For Any Side And Epping Struggle To Travel.
Brothers - Brothers By 21. Its A New Brothers Team And St Ives Are Overated.
BOBS v Redfield - Redfield by 3. Close Game. Neither Team Can Defend But Both Can Score Points. Redfield 33-30.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Forest Players Are Ex Premiership Players From Gordon And Manly.

The Players Who Left Epping Were Going To Lane Cove If You Read The Earlier Pages

Sounds like the work of Vinnie Bryne. Any decent names or just the ex Brothers mercenaries that went from Brothers to Gordon?

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Tips
HH v UNSW- Seagull Butlers men should come away with the chocolates here, UNSW are an improved side in 2017 but hard to see them knocking off HH who will be looking for is it 22 or 23 first grade wins in a row Seagull?

Hopefully it is number 22, not that I'm counting, actually had to look it up.

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
div 5 tips

collaroy v wakehurst - wakehurst are struggling and collaroy are tough at home so i go collaroy by 15
lane cove v macabbi - MOTR. tough one and you think macabbi should win but coves have had a good break and i tip covies by 3 at the fortress.
menai v dukes - menai by 50+. tough day for dukes
convicts v chatswood - convicts have huge numbers and should take this out by 10 on the back of there tough pack

Status
Not open for further replies.