• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
4 Aug
Div 2 - David Phillips (DP)
Div 3 - Norford
Div 5 - TGM
Div 6 - Wills

11 Aug
1 - DP
2 - Woollahra 1
3 - Wills
4 - Norford
5 - TGM 2
6 - TGM 2

18 Aug
1 - DP
2 - Concord
3 - TGM
4 - Wills
5 - TGM 2
6 - DP

25 Aug
1 - TGM
4 - Wills

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Maccabi turned up with no reserves and played their hearts out, but we wore then down eventually for our second Jeffrey Cup win of the season. Heck of a game with them going out to 24-10 and then us finishing strong for 37-29 .

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Petersham beat Knox 41-35 at Lofberg. Tit for Tat tries throughout the game with neither team defending well in the red zone. Game went right to the wire finishing with Knox 2 metres from the Shammies line. Shammies struggling in all grades this year there's no chance of even coming close to club championshp glory of 2017. 1st grade are in real trouble with huge personnel losses. We're still in it though. Top of the table so must be a chance.

Funny

Stan Wickham (3)
Just heard from my club

The BOBS VS HAC colts game is off.

Bobs pulled out due to injuries

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Guess who don’t sue.

Which late season stack misfired when a 1st grade halfback was yellow carded twice in a lower grade game resulting in a red card.

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Guess who don’t sue.

Which late season stack misfired when a 1st grade halfback was yellow carded twice in a lower grade game resulting in a red card.

Someone had to ask, Who?

I had a look thru the top div's and couldn't find it. Was it in a lower div???

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
Someone had to ask, Who?

I had a look thru the top div's and couldn't find it. Was it in a lower div???
As did I.....gosh I love the Fusesport App.
Couldn’t find it.

Does anyone know if subbies are doing a nsw side? If so, who are the potential/suggested players across the divisions?

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
At the event I counted 4 or 5 guys from Two Blues - mostly young blokes. There were 1-2 from a couple of Premier Clubs, including De Wet Roos from Southern.

Dewet actually used to ref a fair bit when he was younger, best ref ive ever had as a player.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Dewet actually used to ref a fair bit when he was younger, best ref ive ever had as a player.
I remember him as the ref in some matches at various State Championships back a while ago. I thought he was pretty good (which is about the highest praise a Two Blues person can give to a ref!).

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
As did I...gosh I love the Fusesport App.
Couldn’t find it.

Does anyone know if subbies are doing a nsw side? If so, who are the potential/suggested players across the divisions?

They're not doing a Subbies rep side - costs too much.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Guess who don’t sue.

I'm glad the issue of "stacking" has been raised.. I can't help but notice that a certain div 3 club based on the northern beaches is firmly entrenched in the top 4 in every grade barring their "1st grade" side. Barker 3s would beat a few 1s sides as well, difference is they're very strong throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
So some big matches heading into the final round.

Div 2

1st Grade - Straight shoot out between Epping and Hills for 4th spot. Epping must of been pumped after Forest got a late draw against Hills. This will be a huge match can't wait for the final result

2nd grade - top 4 sorted, it will be interesting to watch the Blueys vs Lindfield game - they will be playing each other a week latter it would seem.

Colts - Still some interest in this one. Blueys (5th) host 3rd placed Lindfield. The team they are level with (UNSW) have to travel to top of the table Forest. So both teams could lose, could come down to for and against.

3rd Grade - Epping can lock up 4th spot with a win, but player a higher ranked team. Beecroft need Epping to lose and they get the win against bottom placed St Pats

4th Grade - 2nd - 6th can all still make it. although 4 of them play each other. Hills in 2nd place have the adavantage of playing the bottom team.

3rd Div

1st Grade - Top 3 are sorted and their positions can't change. Iggies have to play HAC at HAC so will be hanging on for the other results. Brothers and HV both have games where they should win. HV will need for and against to go their way to make the 4 if brothers win. Iggies can keep them out with a win

2nd Grade - Top four is sorted. HAC will be minor premiers. The finishing order of 2nd 3rd and 4th is still up for grabs. Bobs play Redfield(4th) so a win at home would see them come 2nd.

Colts - Top four sorted, top 2 sorted. Bobs need a win over Redfield to keep the heads up

3rd Grade - Top four sorted. Finishing order of 2nd , 3rd and 4th up for grabs

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good overview and some tantalising games on offer this weekend.

On another note, has anyone else checked the tables very closely in the fusesport app? Perhaps it's my version, perhaps my maths is bad, perhaps it's different on the subbies website but there are mistakes to be found in the app....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

footy_footy

Chris McKivat (8)
So some big matches heading into the final round.

Div 2

Colts - Still some interest in this one. Blueys (5th) host 3rd placed Lindfield. The team they are level with (UNSW) have to travel to top of the table Forest. So both teams could lose, could come down to for and against.

Epping also in the mix if they can secure a bonus point win v 7th place Hills and UNSW and Blue Mountains lose to their higher ranked opponents. At this stage I'd say all three teams are equally likely/unlikely (depending how you want to look at it) of securing the final top 4 spot. A bonus point loss for UNSW or Blue Mountains may be all they need. The Fusesport app will cop a flogging this Saturday as the results come through and final calculations are made!

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Good overview and some tantalising games on offer this weekend.

On another note, has anyone else checked the tables very closely in the fusesport app? Perhaps it's my version, perhaps my maths is bad, perhaps it's different on the subbies website but there are mistakes to be found in the app..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
There are errors... our tally didn't add up a few weeks back and we had it rectified.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm glad the issue of "stacking" has been raised.. I can't help but notice that a certain div 3 club based on the northern beaches is firmly entrenched in the top 4 in every grade barring their "1st grade" side. Barker 3s would beat a few 1s sides as well, difference is they're very strong throughout.

Looks like same names who played 1st grade in round 1 are still playing in round 13. Not sure how that can be considered a stack?

Status
Not open for further replies.