• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Lions, round 14, SUNDAY 18 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Tahs' next match is against the Lions on Sunday, 18 May at 4:00pm. Be there or be square, no excuses.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Nice arvo game in the sun I hope. Taking the kids along, sitting in the cheap seats, drinking cider with the missus

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yet to be decided whether I'm bringing the boy along.

But after last night the team deserves a massive crowd, so even though there won't be a lot of South African fans along, the Waratahs fans need to pull finger and man up.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I reckon you guys will steam roll the Lions. I'd put a lazy $20 on the Tahs to win by 30+. I wonder what odds that would give.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Should be plenty of rotation not just for rest but a lot of players need game time.

Douglas, TPN and Hooper can piss off for two weeks, wouldn't even put them in the 23.

1. Tilse
2. Latu
3. Kepu
4. Skelton
5. Holloway
6. Dennis (c)
7. McCutcheon
8. Palu
9. McKibbin
10. Foley
11. Carraro
12. Beale
13. Horne
14. Crawford
15. Folau

16. Roach
17. Robinson
18. Ryan
19. Potgieter
20. Gray
21. Phipps
22. Ashley-Cooper
23. Lance

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I wouldn't be fucking around too much with the team, although @qwerty51 might be close to the money. Historically, the Tahs don't do so well when they take match selection lightly. They need 5 points from this game, no question. By all means sub early if the BP is in the bag early, but I wouldn't be messing with the mix too much.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And I wouldn't be throwing Cock on against a South African front row either, even from the bench. The Lions scrum are no mugs.

@Lindommer made a good point on Saturday - Foley against the kiwis at 10, KB (Kurtley Beale) against the Saffers. Horne at 12 for either.

Figure out why. Answers tomorrow in class

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
A quick squiz at the Tahs commitments show home games on Saturday, 3 May followed by Sunday, 18 May, then a long break not until Saturday, 28 June. If you want your fix of Super Rugby in Sydney in the near future make sure you get to the Lions match on Sunday week.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That's a right bastard - bloody stupid mid-season Test tours! Awful draw for trying to build momentum this year, but at least the boys will be road-hardened for what I think will be a finals finish outside the top 2.

Only three home games left :(

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Lions scrum stats according to comms this weekend is the best in the comp.

Luckily for them, their backs knock on at every opportunity.

Play to your strengths I say.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Anyone up for a decent lunch beforehand?

Lindo and I were thinking of the Centennial Hotel ..... ... for a good, red wine ladden lunch before the game
http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food/eat-out/review/restaurant/hotel-centennial-20140506-37t2c.html
OK
Deemed too f*cking expensive - looking at other options

Lindo has graciously completed some extensive research and the venue is now the Clock Hotel in Surry Hills (Crown Street) reasonable food prices, Vale on tap and decent wine list.....................

Attendees = 4 - 5 : 6 so far
FP
Lindo
Mr & Mrs BH
Cyclo
Matty K

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Lindo and I were thinking of the Centennial Hotel ... . for a good, red wine ladden lunch before the game

I'm in and Mrs BH will probably be keen too.

The Sunday Roast is $35 and The Centennial is now the home of chef Justin North of Becasse and getting banned as a company director after the collapse of Becasse fame.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
Should be plenty of rotation not just for rest but a lot of players need game time.

Douglas, TPN and Hooper can piss off for two weeks, wouldn't even put them in the 23.

1. Tilse
2. Latu
3. Kepu
4. Skelton
5. Holloway
6. Dennis (c)
7. McCutcheon
8. Palu
9. McKibbin
10. Foley
11. Carraro
12. Beale
13. Horne
14. Crawford
15. Folau

16. Roach
17. Robinson
18. Ryan
19. Potgieter
20. Gray
21. Phipps
22. Ashley-Cooper
23. Lance

I wouldn't be messing with the team that much. I think chopping and changing the team too much especially after a week off will do more harm than good. Having said that i'd like to see a bit more of some players.

1. Robinson
2. Latu
3. Ryan
4. Skelton
5. Potgeiter
6. Dennis
7. Hooper
8. Gray
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Alofa Alofa
12. Horne
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Carraro
15. Folau

16. TPN
17. Tilse
18. Kepu
19. McCuctheon
20. Holloway
21. McKibbin
22. Beale
23. Crawford

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)

Lindo and I were thinking of the Centennial Hotel ... . for a good, red wine ladden lunch before the game

OK

Attendees = 4 so far
FP
Lindo
Mr & Mrs BH

because I like you guys so much I won't subject you to the presence of my kids at the pub. Have fun

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
For those of you who aren't familiar with the Centennial, it's in Oxford Street just up from the intersection at the top of Centennial Park where Moore Park and Lang Roads and Oxford and Queen Streets meet. The beauty of this pub is its Sunday roast followed by a gentle stroll downhill to the SFS.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The Tahs' next match is against the Lions on Sunday, 18 May at 4:00pm. Be there or be square, no excuses.

I missed the Canes match because my three year old shattered a safety glass window with her head. No cuts and she only cried for a minute or so. Her head must be solid bone.

I will be at this match unless my eldest tries to imitate the feat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I missed the Canes match because my three year old shattered a safety glass window with her head. No cuts and she only cried for a minute or so. Her head must be solid bone.

I will be at this match unless my eldest tries to imitate the feat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd always thought Cheika was an unusual name for a little girl, but now it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.