• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Lions, round 14, SUNDAY 18 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
. Her head must be solid bone.

skull (2).jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Yep, will be there with the usual crew. Will try and convince some significant others to attend too with their kids in tow. We need 20+K at the game, hopefully get a few more.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Not sure if we have mature enough combinations yet to be resting players. Problems with Tahs has been consistency so I don't think 1 decent half of footy gives us the luxury of resting players who have played 5 games together...we arent the Crusaders. Maybe some forwards but then you risk backfoot ball to the backs and Phipps getting his fingers trodden on. Take a Lion lightly and he'll bite your head off.
Can we please just make a home final so I don't have to sit and watch Sharks v Crusaders at 2.00am again.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
One decent half? Except for ten minutes where we never over and presented the cigar burn to the Canes with "free shot" tattooed on it cheeks, we fucking owned that game

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
One decent half? Except for ten minutes where we never over and presented the cigar burn to the Canes with "free shot" tattooed on it cheeks, we fucking owned that game
yup and thats been the issue for a few years...owned a few games until I had the misfortune to look up at the scoreboard. 1 drop goal,1 try on the bell, 1 stupid penalty, 1 goat...whoops that was something different

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs are undefeated when Pfitzy, Lindommer and I have met for food and drink beforehand.

The sample size is only three, but it's still significant.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
The Tahs are undefeated when Pfitzy, Lindommer and I have met for food and drink beforehand.

The sample size is only three, but it's still significant.
Pfitzy sounds like he would like the suckling pig at the 4 in hand....a whole one....by himself....:)

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
just read this in SMH...yes yes theres hope
HOLD YOUR PRAISE
Nick Phipps is the Waratahs' fortunes writ small.
The nippy young halfback, firmly pigeon-holed for the past few years as the Wallabies' third-best option at No.9, had one of the best games of his career against the Hurricanes last week. He was decisive, aggressive and accurate. But don't try to congratulate him.
Phipps' house mate and fellow Waratah Michael Hodge tried that a few days ago and was told politely to take his praise somewhere else. Why? Because much like the Waratahs, Phipps is sick of the hero-to-zero roller-coaster and wants to start putting together good performances consistently.
"Last week we couldn't have been lower, we were really dejected after that Blues loss and I was pretty dejected with the way I played," he said.
"Then you come back and have a good win against the boys on the weekend and you're feeling good and people start talking about how well you played. I've had that for the last four or five years and I've learnt that you're only as good as your last game and you're only as good as your next game.
"I was talking to [Michael Hodge] this morning and he said 'gee you played well on the weekend' and I said 'mate let's talk about it after two or three good games in a row rather than one'."
Ahem. Could we bend your ear a moment, Nick? Do you think the whole squad could have what you're having?
"Definitely," he said. "We can have a good game – we beat the Stormers over [in South Africa] then we come home and lost to the Force. Things like that let the team down.
"We can front up for one game but it's all about being consistent in this competition because I know – fingers crossed – if we can get into the finals, then we can turn up for the big games."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/kane-douglas-saga-highlights-plight-facing-cashstrapped-aru-20140508-zr6zu.html#ixzz31AexXUog

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If he brings a tredley he has to carry it.

After all, no point trying to ride it once I've kicked all the spokes out

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If he brings a tredley he has to carry it.

After all, no point trying to ride it once I've kicked all the spokes out
My spokes are made of the same shit as Captain America's shield. Courtesy of Gagger Industries Industrial and Warfare Division.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah I've got the lurgee at the moment. Immune system cops a flogging which brings on the cold sores.

Firstly, they're probably early Ebola, not cold sores.

Yeah but it's ME.

Secondly, it's ME, and while I am admittedly prettier than you, I am also more ornery.

Status
Not open for further replies.