• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Lions, round 14, SUNDAY 18 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You look at how much the Chiefs and Crusaders have rotated their squad, it's surely going to pay dividends at the end of the season.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just editted my team list above. Apparently Taqele Naiyaravoro is on the bench.

That will certainly spark some discussion considering Crawford can't get a look in.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just editted my team list above. Apparently Taqele Naiyaravoro is on the bench.

That will certainly spark some discussion considering Crawford can't get a look in.

Especially since Cararro was really average for Randwick last week. I don't see how he's better.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
I just dont get it:
Crawford playing for Northern Suburbs so 100% fit you would think.
Cararro hasnt convinced anyone (other than MC) - slightly disappointing last week
Naiyaravoro - not ready, Lions wont tackle as badly as Eastwood last week, might have a future but needs more SS games before playing S15
Alofa - if fit should start!
Horne - Not a winger...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I just dont get it:
Crawford playing for Northern Suburbs so 100% fit you would think.
Cararro hasnt convinced anyone (other than MC) - slightly disappointing last week
Naiyaravoro - not ready, Lions wont tackle as badly as Eastwood last week, might have a future but needs more SS games before playing S15
Alofa - if fit should start!
Horne - Not a winger.

I'm surprised by these decisions too, but Horne and Carraro were both good against the Hurricanes.

Part of Horne's role is that he's defending in the midfield in general play as well.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Stunned. It doesn't look like any players will get rested since this was the only game to do it.

Did you see any part of the Lions game against the Highlanders? I wouldn't be taking them at all lightly.

Carrarro not good? Have any of you watched or understood rugby?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
I agree we should take them lightly, but we need some squad rotation at some point during the season.
I think we need to blood other front row options as we are thin in that dept.
This might not be the game for that, but one or two getting a chance in the backs in place of a few more experienced heads might have been an option.

I thought Cararro was poor against Canes, cost two tries and had too many handling errors. I dont have much confidence when he is one-on-one in defence or attack - but we all have different opinions;)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did you see any part of the Lions game against the Highlanders? I wouldn't be taking them at all lightly.

Carrarro not good? Have any of you watched or understood rugby?

Why? I don't rate the Highlanders at all, they have an average pack that got tired in the 2nd half from the trip back from Africa. They had no Shane Christie either who has been making 15+ tackles a game. The Lions forwards won't push around the Tahs pack at all and their defence sucks.

Cararro is decent but Crawford is better from what I've seen, big body and stronger in contact + bigger boot.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Cararro is decent but Crawford is better from what I've seen, big body and stronger in contact + bigger boot.

As someone posted a couple of week's ago we have all these centres playing on the wing.
One thing its done is convince me that it is important to have as much speed as you can out wide. If proving this was the purpose its been achieved now let's pick someone with go.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
As someone posted a couple of week's ago we have all these centres playing on the wing.
One thing its done is convince me that it is important to have as much speed as you can out wide. If proving this was the purpose its been achieved now let's pick someone with go.

I do hope Alofa is just being eased back slowly. He's quick, but he has got the most beautiful sidestep. Way better than Folau and that's saying something.

I reckon Chieka will want to put Taqele on if the score blows out by 15+ just to see what he's got. Remember he's been seeing him at training for a couple of weeks now. Having watched a general training session I think the coaches would have a fair idea of his capabilities - its pretty full on.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What is this mystical obsession with line out calling?
If you can't be trained to call a lineout or, more importantly, there is no one else in the 7 other forwards who can be trained to call it, then I think there is a bigger issue with the team and in the game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I agree with that, I think the skill is a little overrated but I think in this case it's the thing just tipping Dennis over the edge to start. I don't think he's been as bad as people make out. He was pretty good against the Canes.

Just remember the one game Dennis didn't play was the Reds one - I think we won 1 lineout??

Status
Not open for further replies.