• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Lions, round 14, SUNDAY 18 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought Phipps had an excellent passing game and really put the ball out in front of the runners well.

Far fewer high passes than earlier in the season.

I think he's hitting form at the right time for the Tahs and until he has a bad game, the ongoing criticism he seems to face almost every week seems unwarranted.

I agree he was much improved on Sunday. But it is crucial that he doesn't have a relapse. He had some OK games very early and the backline was on song. His form drop coincided with the Brumbies game I think and after that he has been very inconsistent, with improvement since the Canes game. But if he can maintain Sunday's performance giving our backs time and space then we will give every team from here a very hard time. I think our season outcome depends on his performance, scary as that may sound. Its not the only thing it depends on; its a necessary but not sufficient condition to ensure success (to channel my uni maths from a long time ago).

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think he's hitting form at the right time for the Tahs and until he has a bad game, the ongoing criticism he seems to face almost every week seems unwarranted.

I had no criticisms of him during the game right up until about 5 minutes before he was replaced, when he started to get a little hazy.

I will put away the "Loopy-as-fuck" language until it is once again required. And it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.