• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tapuai to Melbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I was born in Brisbane, played my rugby in Brisbane, and I'm now waiting for an offer. Any Super 15 team (even the Waratahs).

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
These reporters should be taken to task for spreading rumour & innuendo. The same paper two days in a row come out with completely opposing stories on what a player is doing (can't they just pick up the fucking phone & get the facts?) & the message boards go into over drive, rival supporters clash & the indignant become in-dignified!I used to believe half of what I heard and some of what I read... think I'll have to revise that theory somewhat.
I'm Outraged!!!! :mad:

D

daz

These reporters should be taken to task for spreading rumour & innuendo. The same paper two days in a row come out with completely opposing stories on what a player is doing (can't they just pick up the fucking phone & get the facts?) & the message boards go into over drive, rival supporters clash & the indignant become in-dignified!I used to believe half of what I heard and some of what I read... think I'll have to revise that theory somewhat.
I'm Outraged!!!! :mad:

Deep breath, my non-flying avarian friend. I think the story about Ben is quite clear but let me sum this up for you; he will definately probably more than likely maybe playing rugby somewhere next year. Unless he doesn't.

Shit, I think I just popped out a pulitzer prize story. Bengate, what a title! I think it's time for me to write a book.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well if Ben islooking for a change I would love to see him in a force uniform. He is the type of 12 I love and have been hoping the force would find/get for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

If Melbourne want to take a QLD player just take Rod Davies, hell we will even PAY THEM to have him.

jesus...

people whinge and bitch when players don't show loyalty towards clubs.. but when you have fans like this, its no surprise..

Rod Davies is terribly out of form, but he is also the player who scored a hat trick against the Blues in the Semi-Final and has represented QLD on numerous occasions thus deserves a bit more respect from his own fans.....

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was born in Brisbane, played my rugby in Brisbane, and I'm now waiting for an offer. Any Super 15 team (even the Waratahs).

Your best option in this Situation is play a great seasons for the Reds,get people liking you on the filed and the Media, maybe jump onto Twitter get a 1000 tweets and 10,000 Followers. Than wait for a AFL dominated state to pick you up to play union. All the QLD expat's living in Melbourne would love to see you play...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No.. I think QLD and NSW fans would just appreciate the expansion teams follow a path of development rather then signing players that fans have come to really support.

Should NSW and Qld also then not sign players developed by the smaller teams?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
jesus...

people whinge and bitch when players don't show loyalty towards clubs.. but when you have fans like this, its no surprise..

Rod Davies is terribly out of form, but he is also the player who scored a hat trick against the Blues in the Semi-Final and has represented QLD on numerous occasions thus deserves a bit more respect from his own fans.....

Right that you remind all of R Davies 2011 work in Red TOCC.

But it ended badly with v Samoa for him, and I'm speculating, but I think that wretched experience slipping around in the g&g really dented his confidence and I'm not quite sure he's yet gotten over it. He commenced 2012 poorly, and so it went on.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
1908 for Melbourne & 1906 for WA just goes to show how poor the states have been in developing the game, no idea whythe ARU would think giving them teams would result in this changing.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Because nsw and qld have done a great job in developing the game in Australia yeah it's what the 4th most followed sport in the country great job the boys club have done over the years!

Maybe now with talk of an even playing field at hq with all states having an even say in things we might be able to develop better do that the game all over the country grows and not just look after nsw and qld. Time for that sense of entitlement to hit the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Right that you remind all of R Davies 2011 work in Red TOCC.

But it ended badly with v Samoa for him, and I'm speculating, but I think that wretched experience slipping around in the g&g really dented his confidence and I'm not quite sure he's yet gotten over it. He commenced 2012 poorly, and so it went on.

Not trying to sell myself as Nostradamus, but i said it was likely Davies was going to struggle in 2012 without Quade Cooper in team, this year he just hasn't been provided provided the holes or gaps that QC (Quade Cooper) gave him in 2011. His defensive deficiencies were further highlighted in 2012 when Anthony Fainga'a was injured which really changed the whole way the Reds back line defended and put more pressure on the outside backs.

Should NSW and Qld also then not sign players developed by the smaller teams?

If we want to dive into semantics, then yes that applies..
All clubs should be encouraged to develop players rather then sign players from other provinces, i don't want to see Pocock join the Reds, nor do i like how JOC (James O'Connor) signed with the Rebels. From a fan perspective its not a favourable part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.