• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Awful Truth About The ARU's Financial Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Far from leaving the schools alone, dragoon them into service.
They are the one's doing it well. They are the one's with all the money. Align the Clubs and school competitions and programs so they work together. You don't need to hurt the school systems or traditions, which is what would be the greatest hurdle.

Term 2 and early term 3. GPS, CAS, ISA, CCC...etc. and Club comps all run. Later in term 3 you have the "rep season" where Club rep sides play school rep sides. You then select the sate team based on that.

The ARU sort of have dragooned them into service by vacating the field of development to schools. These players then form the nucleus of super rugby teams.

A form of the school and club rep season exists, but not to the extent that you suggest.

The different school associations all play each other an select a NSW 1 and 2 schools team. I guess that the GPS/CAS would argue that there's no need to have club teams in that because everyone goes to school and everyone is represented.

I think at u/16 level the NSW schools team competes against SJRU 16s and CJRU 16s and a Barbarians team. To be honest, I don't know to much more about that one.

HJ is more au fait with how all these different pathways eventually meet (or not).

I'm not necessarily against what you say, it's just all so complex and confusing with all the different associations. Easier to agreement in the UN Security Council I suspect.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Information from another thread is that the ARU have now withdrawn funding from the abovementioned 16s championships.

Interested party

Frank Nicholson (4)
Finances at St Leonards must be even worse than originally feared…the U16s Nationals was one of the best Junior tournaments in the nation and has had a very long history. A sad day for Rugby.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
In the absence of any ARU explanation, a possible reason could be the cost of running JGC is more than expected and the juniors budget had to be trimmed.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It would be a boring world if we all agreed all the time.:)

When times are tough, the stakes are high we need to work together just to survive. Sometimes it is better if we find common ground upon which to agree.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Working together doesn't mean we have to agree about every little detail.

Healthy discussion is how we get better ideas. I've certainly modified or changed my views based on discussions with others and after reading posts on these threads. If everyone just sits in the room nodding, we could all end up off the cliff with the lemmings.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Working together doesn't mean we have to agree about every little detail.

Healthy discussion is how we get better ideas. I've certainly modified or changed my views based on discussions with others and after reading posts on these threads. If everyone just sits in the room nodding, we could all end up off the cliff with the lemmings.

Errr, yes, healthy discussion is important. Little details do not matter, it's the big stuff where we have to get agreement before getting action.

Vision/objectives first, then strategies, then action plans.

Healthy discussion first, then agreement. We are in a bloody war, and we are losing, in case you didn't notice yet.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Vision/objectives first, then strategies, then action plans.
Maybe we're losing because as far as I can tell we're getting action (with no plans) with no announced objectives: the people on this site are not the enemy and yet the first we hear of most of the "action" is from a leaked email telling us something has been abolished or that something is going to be introduced.
Seldom any information about how it fits with a strategy or what that strategy is - I mean is the strategy to have as many 15-20 year olds playing league or AFL as possible? maybe it is.

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Maybe we're losing because as far as I can tell we're getting action (with no plans) with no announced objectives: the people on this site are not the enemy and yet the first we hear of most of the "action" is from a leaked email telling us something has been abolished or that something is going to be introduced.
Seldom any information about how it fits with a strategy or what that strategy is - I mean is the strategy to have as many 15-20 year olds playing league or AFL as possible? maybe it is.

If that's the case then we're winning.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just on the Qantas Sponsorship on Perth talk back this morning they have a segment called the rumor file someone rang up said that at the end of the Bledisloe this year Qantas will pull its sponsorship for the Wallabies and it will be replaced by Emirates.

Would make sense as to why Emirates pulled the Force dollars (along with other factors).

Interesting times ahead.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Just on the Qantas Sponsorship on Perth talk back this morning they have a segment called the rumor file someone rang up said that at the end of the Bledisloe this year Qantas will pull its sponsorship for the Wallabies and it will be replaced by Emirates.

Would make sense as to why Emirates pulled the Force dollars (along with other factors).

Interesting times ahead.

Wouldn't surprise me considering the state of the Qantas books. Emirates have invested in a number of Australian sporting codes (spring racing carnival, Collingwood FC) and hopefully they see a winner with the Wallabies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I'll share a thought here as well;

IMO - I am also disappointed in the SRU & the SJRU.

Maybe Pulver will review their standing and requirement, I'll put it out there, can it, scrap it, what success or enhancements has it brought to rugby over recent years (both senior & junior).

If I recall Sydney Uni turned around, bent over and gave them a lesson on astronomy (an eclipse) with no Uni Players playing in the last SRU rep team.

Possibly replace it with the body that's primary focus is develop rugby and the 3rd Tier - National Rugby Championship. This entity may even implement what could be called a pathway and include an U20 NRC team.

IMO the ongoing success of the NRC comes down to the involvement of the grass roots (The Premiership clubs and their junior development).

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Not just the SRU and SJRU unfortunately Dave. I was talking to the manager of my son's team yesterday (who has a high level of involvement in the club) and asked specifically about our local zone organisations input into juniors and was told that each club is left to their own devices to get teams together. I didn't get an opportunity to ask follow up questions regarding the current work of the zone JDO who appears to be invisible. If the ARU, NSWRU, CRU and CCRU (Central Coast) aren't giving any guidance or assistance to clubs is it any wonder rugby in this country is withering on the vine?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Not just the SRU and SJRU unfortunately Dave. I was talking to the manager of my son's team yesterday (who has a high level of involvement in the club) and asked specifically about our local zone organisations input into juniors and was told that each club is left to their own devices to get teams together. I didn't get an opportunity to ask follow up questions regarding the current work of the zone JDO who appears to be invisible. If the ARU, NSWRU, CRU and CCRU (Central Coast) aren't giving any guidance or assistance to clubs is it any wonder rugby in this country is withering on the vine?

Changing times hey, when you say Zone - what are you referring to?
I left school in the late 80's and there were zone school teams, I recall that area was HHH, Concord, Drummoyne, Malvina, Marsden, there may have been one or 2 others as well? Do they still exist?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Local zone organisations?
It's a committee of part time volunteers,who are there representing their village club, to primarily organise a competition for their Clubs teams,and the rep teams for 15's & 16's
What are your expectations of the zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.