• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The case for Anthony Fainga'a to wear the Green and Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Swarley, agreed. Our backline performed at its best when the 9/10/12 combo was Genia/Cooper/Barnes last year.

Agree, if Barnes is fit definitely put him at 12 and that will be the best combination. Who knows if we will see him this year though.

The next would be O'Connor but Deans had said no to this so I'm backing Fainga'a. Bringing OConnor to 12 would also bring Davies into the 2nd wing and would make for some real finishing ability outwide.

T

TOCC

So have we finally come to a pecking order for inside centre, with a tie for third depending on what state/territory you are from

1. Barnes
2. Giteau
3. T.Carter(NSW), P.McCabe(ACT), A.Fainga'a(QLD), J O'Connor(negative points due to Robbies reluctance to play him)

T

TOCC

Interesting out of those 5 players i just listed, only 1(T.Carter) actually spent the majority of the season at 12

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think it's fair to say without Bruce's constant campaigning I don't think any of us would have considered Tom Carter in our top 5's. Well done Bruce.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So have we finally come to a pecking order for inside centre, with a tie for third depending on what state/territory you are from

1. Barnes
2. Giteau
3. T.Carter(NSW), P.McCabe(ACT), A.Fainga'a(QLD), J O'Connor(negative points due to Robbies reluctance to play him)

I don't think most Tahs fans are arguing for Tom to be the 12, we're arguing why Fainga'a if you don't want Tom. I wouldn't pick either.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I think it's fair to say without Bruce's constant campaigning I don't think any of us would have considered Tom Carter in our top 5's. Well done Bruce.

I would have. My mates and I noticed the step up in his game this season very early. We actually agreed that he was the form NSW back in the first third of the season (and probably the most consistent all season long).

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I would currently have Giteau ahead of Barnes as 12, provided he can get along with the remainder of the backline and actually take calls from Cooper.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Speak for yourself! (not that I would want to diminish Bruce's contributions)

T

Train Without a Station

we're arguing why Fainga'a if you don't want Tom.

I'd say probably the fact that in the two clashes this year, the Crusaders midfield was shut down, and the game against the Hurricanes that he didn't play the Reds were a rabble. Compared to the game against NSW where Sonny Bill and Fruen had a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.