• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Haka

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Obviously one of the great traditions and weapons in world rugby, maybe I am looking a bit too far ahead here, but I was thinking of ways to combat it.

Waltzing Matilda: Good, but for some reason not done anymore

Also someone mentioned Rocky giving McCaw a right hook during the Haka.

Greg Smith came up with the idea for us to walk off and do drills, which failed horribly

Rod MacQueen made the players go into a huddle after and discuss plays

I came up with this:

80,000 people are there to watch the bledisloe and just after the Haka, the Aussies hold their line until the crowd silences.

Rocky Elsom steps forward.

Rocky: AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!
Crowd: OI OI OI!!
Rocky: AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!
Rocky: AUSSIE!!
Crowd: OI!!
Crowd: OI OI OI!!!

I will hopefully intercept the boys at the airport on their way in to sydney and mention this.

This reminds the All Blacks where they are playing, who has support of the crowd and that WE dictate when the match starts.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Erm, no.
Not for me. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi is crap.
Just face up to the Haka, fix 'em in the eye and then get on with it. There is nothing to be gained by trying to piss them off over the Haka. It never works.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
[video=youtube;NOlpiDYRTDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOlpiDYRTDE[/video]

It's a pity we dont have any anthemic song like this. It's more of a warcry than a song.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I would just love to see the Poms reply to the Haka by getting their hankies and bells out and putting on a very aggressive Morris Dance (May pole and ribbons optional).

That would put the fear of the bejesus up the Poms opponents.

Our best would be a Corroboree with didges, or a bunch of flannelled bogans skulling longnecks and singing Barnsey classics like khe sanh.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Obviously one of the great traditions and weapons in world rugby, maybe I am looking a bit too far ahead here, but I was thinking of ways to combat it.

Waltzing Matilda: Good, but for some reason not done anymore

Also someone mentioned Rocky giving McCaw a right hook during the Haka.

Greg Smith came up with the idea for us to walk off and do drills, which failed horribly

Rod MacQueen made the players go into a huddle after and discuss plays

I came up with this:

80,000 people are there to watch the bledisloe and just after the Haka, the Aussies hold their line until the crowd silences.

Rocky Elsom steps forward.

Rocky: AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!
Crowd: OI OI OI!!!

I will hopefully intercept the boys at the airport on their way in to sydney and mention this.

This reminds the All Blacks where they are playing, who has support of the crowd and that WE dictate when the match starts.

Wow that genius. I am astounded nobody has ever thought of that. The World Cup is coming to Australia! I can see the headlines now: "World Cup 2011 Final - Aussie Oi Trumps Kiwi Haka. Kiwi's left deflated."

:)

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wow that genius. I am astounded nobody has ever thought of that. The World Cup is coming to Australia! I can see the headlines now: "World Cup 2011 Final - Aussie Oi Trumps Kiwi Haka. Kiwi's left deflated."

:)

No, Kiwis will lose in semi-final to france.

Attachments

• NZ 2011.xlsx
    47.2 KB · Views: 303

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
N.O.T. - I thought NZ was drawn to meet SA in the semi if all went to form? All the Kiwis on TSF seem to think so, anyway.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
from the finish of the anthems, the teams have five minutes to take there places for the kick off, the wallabies should just line up and remind the ref of this, either they get to kick into open field or a penalty on half way due to time wasting.

im all for tradition but when the all blacks do there "new version" haka with the "drawing of vital energy (slash of the neck)" it shits on tradition and is something i would think my culture sees as rude and aggressive. So as long as its the original, no probs if not, rocky should be able to draw vital energy of his own and punch richie in the head, we just need prime minister abbot to come out and say its tradition

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thanks Muttonbird, I thought that was the case. Did you have us beating France because you think we will, or so you guys don't have to deal with them in a knockout stage again?>:D

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
from the finish of the anthems, the teams have five minutes to take there places for the kick off, the wallabies should just line up and remind the ref of this, either they get to kick into open field or a penalty on half way due to time wasting.

im all for tradition but when the all blacks do there "new version" haka with the "drawing of vital energy (slash of the neck)" it shits on tradition and is something i would think my culture sees as rude and aggressive. So as long as its the original, no probs if not, rocky should be able to draw vital energy of his own and punch richie in the head, we just need prime minister abbot to come out and say its tradition
Our lot would probably still fuck the kick-off up uncontested.

M

Muttonbird

I think France only have the one big game at WRC (as opposed to NZ who most of the time don't have any!) and that will be vs England.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I thought the Saffas dealt with the haka pretty well two weeks ago, let 'em do there little dance but don't hand them a microphone and pump it through the stadium speakers.

One of our bloggers make a very good point recently, all the talk of not pissing the kiwis off about their precious little dance is a hoax as we can't really differentiate a retaliatory pantsing from a regular all blacks pantsing.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Your home ground, do whatever you like! You can even ask for it to be done in the changing sheds if you like, thus the crowd missing out, but that's your perogative.

But when we're at home, you'll do as we say.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Well said Major,
In NZ you guys get the home advantage, over here we should get it.
I'd much rather see the Wallabies win than some pissy little dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom