• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Israel Folau saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Being technically correct is the logical and scientific corner.

It is not the politicians corner.

You are judging someone based on your own value system - your worse than he is.
Interesting. You don't think this applies to you too? You are judging me (I am worse than he is) by your value system, aren't you? We all judge everything against our own value system. Some people express those and some don't. I don't have a problem with Folau judging others. I have a problem with him not seeing that judging others in the way he does and having a high profile career are mutually exclusive.

S

sidelineview

Ignoto, you obviously didnt witness a lot of the online debate and missed the Margaret Court incident. Christianity in general was and is seen as opposition to our "progressive" society and opposition to the left pushing so many agendas today.

Its tolerance of Folau's Christian beliefs that's the point.

Kerevi posted that he felt obliged to apologize. Check it out yourself.

And I repeat, there was only one side of the debate that was socially acceptable and that's the one RA and the major sponsor adopted.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm opening this thread again but I'm warning everyone it's zero tolerence.

Especially

6. Play the ball not the man / No personal abuse of forum members, players, officials and public figures. Personal comments will be deleted and you'll get a card or ban.
This also applies to comments about players, coaches, Referees and other public figures. Feel free to criticize their play and decisions with reasoning, but not slander them as a person.
"Like last weekend, he's always seagulling and it gives me the shits" is OK.
"He's a f*ckwit who'll never amount to anything" is not.
Only a complete knob jockey resorts to personal insults anyway.
And

10. If another poster does not understand or agree with your point after 3 or 4 attempts, LET IT GO, WALK AWAY. It is very boring for other posters when the thread gets hijacked by two people having an argument. Let this be your guide:

Anyone ignoring this will be watching from the sideline.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
k5jMnvA5YW80AUavi5bAA2CZxYEKUc9_sw-IYVbWpMULtHY8qrmTPU19etbT286-Fu89xYOKy4CPvMdxOdIsPGYV3Odv5YFcO193VDuau2ZHVMP4=s0-d-e1-ft
k5jMnvA5YW80AUavi5bAA2CZxYEKUc9_sw-IYVbWpMULtHY8qrmTPU19etbT286-Fu89xYOKy4CPvMdxOdIsPGYV3Odv5YFcO193VDuau2ZHVMP4=s0-d-e1-ft

CODE OF CONDUCT HEARING FOR ISRAEL FOLAU CONCLUDES
MAY 7, 2019
The Code of Conduct hearing in the matter of Israel Folau has concluded in Sydney today.

A panel of John West QC (Quade Cooper) (Chair), Kate Eastman SC, and John Boultee AM presided over the three-day hearing which commenced on May 4.

The panel has today provided a judgement that Israel Folau committed a high-level breach of the Professional Players' Code of Conduct with his social media posts on April 10, 2019.

The panel will now take further written submissions from the parties to consider the matter of sanction.

A further update will be provided after the panel delivers its decision on sanction.

ENDS

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
^^^^
Presumably he can sue for unfair dismissal and then appeal the results of that, drag it on well past the RWC.

S

sidelineview

I assume the following excerpts from RAs Code of Conduct are relevant:

1 CODE OF CONDUCT - PLAYERS
1.3 Treat everyone equally, fairly and with dignity regardless of gender or gender identity, sexual
orientation, ethnicity, cultural or religious background, age or disability. Any form of bullying,
harassment or discrimination has no place in Rugby.
1.7 Use social media appropriately. By all means share your positive experiences of Rugby but do not use social media as a means to breach any of the expectations and requirements of you as a player contained in this Code or in any Union, Club or Competition rules and regulations.
1.8 Do not otherwise act in a way that may adversely affect or reflect on, or bring you, your team, club, Rugby Body or Rugby into disrepute or discredit. If you commit a criminal offence, this is likely to adversely reflect on you and your team, club, Rugby Body and Rugby.
1.10 You must disclose any incident, matter or set of circumstances (irrespective of when it occurred) that does, or has the potential to, render you an unfit or improper person to be a Participant in Australian Rugby. This includes any incident, matter or set of circumstances that could damage the game of Rugby or bring into question the integrity and good character of its Participants.

3 CODE OF CONDUCT – ADMINISTRATORS, OFFICERS OF A RUGBY BODY
3.2 Treat everyone equally regardless of gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, cultural or religious background, age or disability. Any form of bullying, harassment or discrimination has no place in Rugby.
3.3 Be aware of, always comply with, and ensure that your Rugby Body (and, where applicable, clubs and other bodies and persons in membership with it or affiliated to it) comply with, the Rugby AU Participation and Inclusion Policy(s) and Guidelines.

I wonder if RA adhered to their own inclusive policy when endorsing the YES vote in the SSM vote while ignoring all of their fans who were voting NO and who disagreed with them taking sides?

To state the obvious, the ball's in Falou's and his lawyers court now, pending the sanctions handed down.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Alan Jones on Sky just now said Israel will fight this all the way to the High Court. (I think he said Israel will be financially backed)
I assume his first step will be to appeal within the 72 hour window and if that fails then onto the courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.