• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Israel Folau saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
No that was just the media playing on his words. He said that he was unable to select him in the foreseeable future, inferring that was because he had been stood down. As well as a heap of seemingly RA directed script about it being disrespectful etc.

I’m pretty sure he wasn’t giving evidence to make sure we never see him play again ;-)

RA sending out players and the coach doing scripted interviews with legal proceedings to come was nothing short of a disgrace.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
RA sending out players and the coach doing scripted interviews with legal proceedings to come was nothing short of a disgrace.
Who said RA sent out players with scripted interviews QH? FFS KOB said it was seemingly a RA scripted interview, that doesn't make it a fact. I know you got a real hate for RA but using a post off here in your argument is getting beyond the pale isn't it?

S

Show-n-go

Who said RA sent out players with scripted interviews QH? FFS KOB said it was seemingly a RA scripted interview, that doesn't make it a fact. I know you got a real hate for RA but using a post off here in your argument is getting beyond the pale isn't it?

You genuinely think hooper wanted to come out and shit can a team mate off his own bat?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
As far as I know, discussions before the signing of a contract as Castle keeps saying are just that. They don't form part of the agreement if they aren't included in the contract. I also note that over a year ago Folau disputed Castle's spin on the meeting, so I hope RA isn't basing its case on these "discussions".

Others on here have also said that RA didn't put a social media clause in the contract because the EBA prohibits such a clause. Well, if that's the case it can't be included in a legal binding verbal contract either. You can't say the law prevents us putting this in a written contract so we'll enter into a verbal contract instead.

See QH there is the problem, as you say as far as you know! And really none of us really know do we, I was under the impression that Folua had been given a warning that has been documented that he wasn't to do it again. Then I don't know anymore than anyone else in here. Hell I read that Folau stated that if RA thought his stance did the game harm he would walk away from the game. But I only read it so that maybe wrong, otherwise Izzy is not really a christian is he, because he hasn't walked away, so that means we can't believe anything he says!

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
No that was just the media playing on his words. He said that he was unable to select him in the foreseeable future, inferring that was because he had been stood down. As well as a heap of seemingly RA directed script about it being disrespectful etc.

I’m pretty sure he wasn’t giving evidence to make sure we never see him play again ;-)

Ah, good to hear KOB, makes a lot of sense. I'm getting the sense we'll see Israel playing again.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

I form the view using my own eyes and ears.

You need to calm down.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
See QH there is the problem, as you say as far as you know! And really none of us really know do we, I was under the impression that Folua had been given a warning that has been documented that he wasn't to do it again. Then I don't know anymore than anyone else in here. Hell I read that Folau stated that if RA thought his stance did the game harm he would walk away from the game. But I only read it so that maybe wrong, otherwise Izzy is not really a christian is he, because he hasn't walked away, so that means we can't believe anything he says!

Of course I say as far as I know. I assume that any comments that you make are based on your own knowledge as far as you know?

You seem to be losing the plot totally.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Others on here have also said that RA didn't put a social media clause in the contract because the EBA prohibits such a clause. Well, if that's the case it can't be included in a legal binding verbal contract either. You can't say the law prevents us putting this in a written contract so we'll enter into a verbal contract instead.

Didn't you know Denis Denuto was Legal Counsel for Rugby Australia. It's all about the vibe.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Does anyone else find it weird that Raylene Castle and Andrew Hoare decided to stroll pass the media and TV crews this morning. Surely Raylene at least has a car parking spot under the Rugby Australia building.

Maybe this has become more about their own 'brand' management in the face of poor management rather than the hurtful comments on social media by a footballer.

When you look at some of the disgraceful things done by footballers in the past both NRL and Rugby this will set the standard very high. Hurtful comments versus some appalling actions particularly to women, assaults, criminal convictions, drink driving, drug dealing etc

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
When you look at some of the disgraceful things done by footballers in the past both NRL and Rugby this will set the standard very high. Hurtful comments versus some appalling actions particularly to women, assaults, criminal convictions, drink driving, drug dealing etc

Yeah that was a point I made upthread. In the NRL you can be a dog rooter, a drunk, a drug abuser and a wife beater and still stay in the game. Union is full of complete clean skins by comparison.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Funny you say that, Honey Badger, because I think standing up and telling someone when you think their behaviour is inappropriate is the opposite of a low, dog act. There is an argument to be made that standing up could occur outside of the media. There is also an argument to be made that saying nothing publicly is tacit approval.

Don't know if Michael Hooper was put under any pressure to say or do anything (actually don't even know exactly what he said), but I wouldn't write off the possibility that he actually completely disagrees with what Folau has posted and genuinely believes he has a responsibility to express it. It would be interesting if it was okay for Folau to express his beliefs and not okay for Hooper to...

Kpc

Herbert Moran (7)
Alexander Pervukhin Director of the Russian club Enisei-STM is ready to offer a short three-month contract for Folau for the duration of the club's participation in the European Challenge Cup (November - January). How do you think Izzy can agree to go to Russia? I think that the monthly salary in Russia will be at the level of his Australian monthly salary. Moreover, taxes in Russia are lower (13%).

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
We'll have to agree to disagree. Where do you draw the line between when a team mate can publicly say something is appropriate and when it is not? Would it have been acceptable if a public statement was made by the ABs captain when Aaron Smith had an affair in the airport disabled toilets? For the record, if the captain thought the behaviour was inappropriate, I think he should have called it out.

Have since read what Hooper said. Thought it was a bit of a nothing statement really. I definitely wouldn't call it bagging a team mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.