• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Israel Folau saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Those team mates are employees of RA who have to abide by their terms of contract.
I'd say refusing to play with a particular team mate is not within their rights.
They haven’t refused anything, but y’know they’re entitled to their opinion.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A minor note. Fiji is Micronesian. I think Tonga and Sāmoa are Polynesian.

Fiji = Melanesian & yes, Samoa & Tonga = Polynesian. Micronesia refers to the scattering of attols & small islands further north, there's a Federated States of Micronesia that comprises ~600 such pieces of land.

Reactions: dru

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I hope so.

I hope he also deletes all his social media accounts and shuts the fuck up.
But he won’t delete them, and he won’t shut up because he deems it as his right to have the opinions that he has and to voice them. And there in lies the problem doesn’t it.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
My guess is a similar outcome to the Beale hearing. RA are made to look like fools, he gets a big fine and maybe another few weeks, and then plays on.

Yeap, I think this will be exactly what comes out of this entire situation.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
When is this scheduled again?

When Izzy has his contract torn up, i wonder what the appeal process will be.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So everyone has to follow their contract except one guy?

OFC not, though we are presuming
a) exactly what the express contract is, and
b) whether restrictions implied are puissant

In the mean time whether or not a contracted player can be forced to play with someone doesn’t change whether it is workable. If the players don’t want it, then Izzie’s days are done at the Tahs/WBs. Unless the HC finds a way to manage it.

S

sidelineview

I dont know exactly whats in Folau's contract in reference to this issue of his beliefs and social media.
Do you?

There seems to be more legal considerations to be made other than his contract.

S

Show-n-go

I thought the whole purpose of the hearing was to determine whether he broke his contract or not

Do you know something already that we don’t?

Status
Not open for further replies.