• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Most Valuable Player in Australian Rugby ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Surprised no one has mentioned Fardy yet.

IMO, the EOYT so far has shown us that we don't have as much depth at blindside as we maybe thought.

1- Israel Folau
2- Sekope Kepu
3- James Slipper
4- Michael Hooper
5- Wycliff Palu
6- Tevita Kuridrani

Pocock is out for his injuries, but under normal conditions, he should be on this list ahead of Hooper

Jones may change this, but at the moment I'd have Fardy somewhere amongst our most valuable.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I'd like to throw Adam Ashley-Cooper's name into the mix. He plays 11 to 15, he rarely has a bad game and he's an inspirational leader kind of guy. Plus, he's good for marketing and offers a lot of experience in a very young Wallabies side.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Surprised no one has mentioned Fardy yet.

IMO, the EOYT so far has shown us that we don't have as much depth at blindside as we maybe thought.

Jones may change this, but at the moment I'd have Fardy somewhere amongst our most valuable.

Given he wouldn't be on an ARU top-up contract yet, Fardy is certainly our best value for money player at the moment.

(Edit, actually Kudriani probably doesn't have one either - so they are a tie for VfMP)

T

Train Without a Station

Comes across as a good bloke so people will quickly jump on you when you dare mention that he was good mate's with the self-entitled Giteau, good mates with known dickhead Lance Franklin, was the players representative at the Brumbies when Andy Friend was sacked due to "player power", was a senior player under Deans who eventually lost player support, was a senior player under McKenzie who lost player support and his mum came out swinging over being disciplined as part of the Dublin group last year.

Interestingly back in the late Deans/early McKenzie days there were comments from players unhappy with the leniency shown to Beale, O'Conner and Cooper and how they were attributing to the declining standards in the Wallabies. Clearly Adam Ashley-Cooper wasn't one of them.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well, as a Waratahs member who enjoyed watching him play a key role in the Tahs winning a Super Rugby title, I wouldn't be one of them.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
In many people's eyes, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) wouldn't even be in our best XV. That to me indicates he isn't THAT important. His experience is irreplaceable but we wouldn't be lost without him.

We have the cattle to cover most of the backline. Folau is the only exception right now because there is no equal/remotely close replacement.

Kepu, Slipper and Fardy would be my top three (in no particular order) probably followed by Folau.

Kurindrani in current form is vital too.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Well... I'd have to say Kurindrani on the field at this time but its a team sport... its only when they work it out and how to play together, we get winning results,,,

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Fardy is perhaps the most unsung Wallaby right now. Jeez we could use him at the moment. I would venture that our other most valuable players are (in no particular order): Slipper, Hooper, TK, Folau and Phipps (yes, Nick Phipps).

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Comes across as a good bloke so people will quickly jump on you when you dare mention that he was good mate's with the self-entitled Giteau, good mates with known dickhead Lance Franklin, was the players representative at the Brumbies when Andy Friend was sacked due to "player power", was a senior player under Deans who eventually lost player support, was a senior player under McKenzie who lost player support and his mum came out swinging over being disciplined as part of the Dublin group last year.

Interestingly back in the late Deans/early McKenzie days there were comments from players unhappy with the leniency shown to Beale, O'Conner and Cooper and how they were attributing to the declining standards in the Wallabies. Clearly Adam Ashley-Cooper wasn't one of them.

What are u talking about?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think Fardy has been great over the last 12 months. But that poition can be covered reasonably well.

Just comes back to Keps/Slipper or Slipper /Keps because ATM they are both irreplaceable and probably Israel (who is nearly irreplaceable)

K

KAOPointman

I'd say his on field performances easily justify his salary.

He's just won the JEM, he was probably unlucky to not be a nominee for the IRB Player of the Year and he's already 15th on the Wallabies all time try scoring list after only 27 tests. His try scoring strike rate is only slightly behind Campese who is miles ahead of everyone else.
Saying he was unlucky to be nominated for the IRB poty is a gross understatement. Folou, Slipper, quade and hooper are the most valuable for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.