• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I also think people hold onto that golden orange jersey nostalgia because it comes from a time when the Wallabies were at their peak.....

we won the 1998 Bledisloe 3-0 and smashed England 76-0 in this one:

522382-wallaby-dan-crowley-amid-the-victorious-1998-bledisloe-cup-winners.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It belonged to the daughter of said Wallaby. I asked to borrow a jumper as it was cold, and that's what I got! Had to give it back, though.

So it was "mistress, yes mistress, sorry mistress". Noice.

You didn't deny the pants thing. . . .

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I also think people hold onto that golden orange jersey nostalgia because it comes from a time when the Wallabies were at their peak.....

You're right, it wasn't even gold - it was orange. And it was only the Wallaby colour for a few seasons at most, certainly not enough to be called traditional.

The Australian "gold" that people constantly refer to is actually wattle yellow not gold at all. For all it's faults the new jersey is closer to wattle yellow than the NFJ jersey worn at RWC 1991.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Gold comes in a range of colours from rose gold to yellow gold to white gold and every shade in between.

Maybe we just need to embrace the diversity that modern gold has to offer.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No mention of G&GR and vomiting pineapple cruisers in the segment on the new jumper on Rugby HQ tonight.:(

Asics and ARU must have supplied enough free kit to the Fox Sports crew to silence them.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Beyond the fact the Fox more or less ends up being the mouthpiece of the ARU, it would be a bit if a conflict of interest for Fox given how heavily they're pushing "the crowd" as a fan forum alternative.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
No mention of G&GR and vomiting pineapple cruisers in the segment on the new jumper on Rugby HQ tonight.:(

Asics and ARU must have supplied enough free kit to the Fox Sports crew to silence them.

Rugby HQ know where the real rugby brains hang out and are to scared to promote this great rugby community network. They can keep there Martos, kerns and horans.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Plus apparently the jersey isn't as canary yellow in real life as those leaked pictures show.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ps, Colgate Forbes-Hamilton here again, just a quick note to mention that the as-yet unveiled 2015 RWC version of the new Australian Rugby jersey does come replete with custom-fit adhesivation panelings specifically tailored for each players positional requirements. This technology came at an additional cost of $480,000 and will be reflected in the next ARU billing cycle.

Thanks.

--Colgate.

tarquin_zpsi8cqmiwe.jpg

ausrugby_zpsvckj7shh.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No sponsors allowed on RWC jerseys........

Only official national union emblem and jersey logo.........

Hence why the Wallaby and Springbok have been moved to the sleeve.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Am I right in thinking their is actually an official gold colour and an official green for Australia? I'll try and dig it up