• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

Chandler Starr

Frank Row (1)
i thought the 2014/15 jersey was brilliant with it colors and designs. but i have to admit that this world cup jersey an absolute shitstorm. it looks like a ODI cricket jersey and a women 7's jersey had babies and then them babies inbred for generations.

if it was a supporters shirt it would be okay but not for our wallabies jersey. with a design like this we deserve to lose.

Chandler Starr

Frank Row (1)
in the future they should upload 20 ideas for shirts and then just let people vote.

but they cant give out the statistics of which percentage has voted for what jersey until voting has closed and a jersey has been announced.

Chandler Starr

Frank Row (1)
I wish the Wallabies would adopt a similar position taken by the NZRU in keeping a traditional jersey/strip. The All Blacks have essentially never changed their jersey apart from some minimalist additions over time I.e. sponsors etc.

As mentioned previously on here, the Wallabies should go back to their early 1990s design, like what Nobody is wearing below. A classic jersey.

View attachment 6411
green and gold rugby

green and gold

Green
and gold
GREEN

and gold

Green

rigs23

Allen Oxlade (6)
The results of a reverse image search. Nearly says it all really.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-06-09 at 11.43.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2015-06-09 at 11.43.25 PM.png
    71 KB · Views: 555

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Congratulations to the design team at Asics for inventing the first shirt that will be shot out of a T-Shirt cannon and have punters run away from it.

See, they get it. If it comes out of a cannon it must induce fear and loathing.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The last Canterbury jersey was far worse than this one.....

I agree. I don't like the last CCC jersey (WC 2007), too much white IMHO. But at least they made some good jerseys. Asics made 2 jerseys and both are crap, 100% effective. Even KooGa (2013) or Reebok (1999) made a good jersey. Asics is the worst brand so far

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I agree. I don't like the last CCC jersey (WC 2007), too much white IMHO. But at least they made some good jerseys. Asics made 2 jerseys and both are crap, 100% effective. Even KooGa (2013) or Reebok (1999) made a good jersey. Asics is the worst brand so far

Seriously? What was the good Canterbury Wallaby jersey?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Seriously? What was the good Canterbury Wallaby jersey?

The best one of all..........

1991_whirl_16ubn6l-16ubn6o.jpg

Having said that, cotton "collared" jerseys are a thing of the past............... anyone calling for "traditional" jerseys is going to be sorely disappointed, but the design still needs to be good.

One thing I noticed on the last B&I Lions tour, aside from the amount of their supporters that wore the jersey, was the quality of their gear.............

Unfortunately modern Wallaby jerseys have not only been badly designed, but they look even worse as casual attire on their supporters.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
They stopped being a proper jersey when they moved away from this, and worse, they idea of fat middle aged men wearing these modern Lycra jerseys is just wrong on so many levels

1262781716.jpg

T

Train Without a Station

Your comments are a little odd considering that the 2014 asics Jersey is actually very close to the 2005 CCC Jersey.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
no fucking way. Really?

So now we know what your avatar thinks, but what do YOU think, Reg? :)

Lots of people on here climbing into Asics for what is a fairly bizarre design, but why no criticism of ARU for not telling them "No way are we putting our Wallabies on the field in that rubbish, go away & come back with a proper rugby jersey. And please remember our soil is GOLDEN not some baby-kak yellow".

There's also an opportunity here for someone to come out with a retro-style supporters top that ticks a few more boxes in terms of block colour, no unnecessary embellishment & obviously a loose, comfy fit....... couldn't have the Wobs logo, of course, but I'm sure a clever bloke could come up with something that looks close but not too close & with "australia" instead of "wallabies"?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So now we know what your avatar thinks, but what do YOU think, Reg? :)

Lots of people on here climbing into Asics for what is a fairly bizarre design, but why no criticism of ARU for not telling them "No way are we putting our Wallabies on the field in that rubbish, go away & come back with a proper rugby jersey. And please remember our soil is GOLDEN not some baby-kak yellow".

There's also an opportunity here for someone to come out with a retro-style supporters top that ticks a few more boxes in terms of block colour, no unnecessary embellishment & obviously a loose, comfy fit... couldn't have the Wobs logo, of course, but I'm sure a clever bloke could come up with something that looks close but not too close & with "australia" instead of "wallabies"?
Yeah I agree.

The process would have entailed Asics coming to the ARU initially with a number of concepts and the ARU would have instructed them which one to run with. There would have been a lot of back and forth and many opportunities to say 'we don't want that crap on the shoulder'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
So what time is the "official" announcement?

Fingers crossed with all the negativity they can go with plan b.....