• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You see, this is why the ABs and England have an unfair advantage. It's difficult, not impossible, mind you, to fuck up black and white. Obviously avoiding Fufty Shades of Grey or Telly-Tubby Purple helps.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
You see, this is why the ABs and England have an unfair advantage. It's difficult, not impossible, mind you, to fuck up black and white. Obviously avoiding Fufty Shades of Grey or Telly-Tubby Purple helps.

Well yes for the ABs, but England sure have managed to come up with some god awful designs over the years too. Anyone remember their "Ms Britannia" strip?
a821ed1dd51f0930cddc702774ed6e52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Gold Jersey. Block colour.
Green Pants.
Green socks with gold top.

All time classic uniform reinvigorated, done.

Just take the Tahs uniform and change blue to gold and navy to green.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Never forget the royal purple jersey the soap dodgers brought out a few years back.

Dislike the jersey but if I'm honest I wouldn't be spending the $170(?) for one I liked anyway. #TeamTightarse

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

That's where the wallaby Jersey started too.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
If those bedazzlers are silicon grip things for hanging onto the ball, then I am 100% all for them and don't care what pattern or appearance they give.

Any advantage within the rules is fair game and plenty of teams seem to have them these days in various forms.

Get with the program, please gel!

The national team jersey is a fashion item and as such is worthless without a proper collar, so the girls (erm, I mean boys) can wear it down to the shops on a Saturday night.

I was dead-set depressed when the national swim team ignored my preferred knee-length corduroy boardies for skin-tight Lycra budgie smugglers, just so that they could swim faster.

How can I possibly wear those to the disco?

People just ain't got no priorities. :mad:

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I know I've said this before, but these ASICS designs really do make me think of Classic's NSW Origin jerseys. Comparing them with the jerseys of the Waratahs is a study in why less is more with these sorts of designs.

38134-nsw-blues-2015-mens-premium-jersey-2000.jpg
v
34657-waratahs-2015-mens-official-home-jersey-2000.jpg

Canterbury have finally cotten on that that Sky Blue means Sky Blue and so they've gone with just that and it looks fucking awesome. Meanwhile, classic have jammed side panels, navy piping and some weird fucking bib for their logo to create an incoherent mess that is embarrassing to wear.

Perhaps ASICS and Classic employ the same designer?

Gold Jersey. Block colour.
Green Pants.
Green socks with gold top.

All time classic uniform reinvigorated, done.

Just take the Tahs uniform and change blue to gold and navy to green.

So bring back Canterbury

We should start a campaign in favor of Canterbury, use a hashtag like #BringBackCanterbury in CCC's social networks

I really like the last Irish jersey

T

TOCC

I know I've said this before, but these ASICS designs really do make me think of Classic's NSW Origin jerseys. Comparing them with the jerseys of the Waratahs is a study in why less is more with these sorts of designs.

38134-nsw-blues-2015-mens-premium-jersey-2000.jpg
v
34657-waratahs-2015-mens-official-home-jersey-2000.jpg

Ahh they're both hideous!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
So now we know the ARU survey results clearly helped the ARU get in touch with what the fans want! A-League?

....symbolised by the waves on the front, with the white collar representative of the ARU board and its existence in the white void of nophakingclue......

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I must admit, I would rather see our test XV wearing a plain gold jersey with green trim.

But on the upside, this is one fashion crime I can avoid. I don't think I could ever wear a Queensland or an Australia jersey unless I actually earned it; at this rate, it's either going to be lawn bowls, or I'll finally get that call up to the Australian Cricket Team as a middle order batsman.

M

Moono75

ausjersey_zps92gfaj2d.jpg
We're going to England to screw them at the World Cup......why not do it in a used condom. Asics designed it not to rip.....well done lads.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So bring back Canterbury

We should start a campaign in favor of Canterbury, use a hashtag like #BringBackCanterbury in CCC's social networks

I really like the last Irish jersey

The last Canterbury jersey was far worse than this one...........