• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
If they did you can bet it'd be navy and bright yellow without any green

To be fair australia's heraldic colours are blue and gold. Green came about because of the blue fading, similar to the dutch flag being blue white and orange and fading to red.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I know it's the rival code and everything but a couple of seasons ago the Brisbane Broncos ran a competition for members to design their NYC jersey.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2013...ch-jersey-design-competition-closes-soon.html

And from that they picked a top ten for voting and these 2 designs came out on top.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2014/03/27/u20s_member_designed_jersey_lucky_charm.html

And now this season, the white jersey has been marketed as an NRL training shirt and the maroon design is going to be used in a special jersey for the last home NRL match.
White - https://broncossuperstore.shopdesq.com/nike/mens-2015-nike-warm-up-tee

Maroon - https://broncossuperstore.shopdesq.com/nike/2015-member-jersey

So running that competition has really worked out well for them. So perhaps as suggested earlier, the ARU should let the fans have a crack at designing the next Wallabies jersey to see what people like @rugbyfuture can do.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Btw: rumours are circulating tonight within the 'best' wine bars of St Leonards that B Pulver is about to release a media statement re the new Wallaby jersey along these lines:

"We realised some time into the Robbie Deans period that we can't please all of the fans all of the time so in this case our board made a conscious decision to please none of them. The aim from our marketing strategy group was to arouse the maximum level of complaint with the least amount of expenditure (on the jersey, that is).

"We want to bring the passion back to Australian rugby and this in no small way is ensuring that we are slowing but surely succeeding. Our social media comments KPI has exceeded all expectations tonight and, on current trends, I am delighted to state that the 'stinker of a Wallaby jersey' story looks like featuring in all of the morning TV breakfast programs and will probably make PM's Question Time.

"In this way the ARU has again optimised its minute marketing budget in outcomes that ultimately the fans will come to appreciate - we have become exceptionally talented at complaint generation in so many aspects of the code and we've discovered how efficient this method is in drawing attention to the wonderfully vocal fan base we have and, moreover, 'the game they play in heaven.'"

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
the shade of green is actually what I dislike most about this jersey, the classic jersey from my childhood is the Canterbury 1999 rugby world cup design with that almost emerald green (which you can almost see reflected in the shade used by G&GR). These days most of the producers are tending to go to base colours where the gold is fluro yellow and green a sick collared greens green. Its unfortunate.

RugbyFuture, I have one of those (with a white collar and long sleeves), and wear it with pride! In those days, they were fair dinkum jerseys, not "plastic fantastics"!!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Wow. And this is why people hate ASICS right here. Just absolutely no clue on how to design something aesthetically pleasing.

Just terrible. All most of us want is a gold jersey with a green collar. Throw in green sleeve cuffs if the you must, but other than that just leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But surely someone at the ARU has to approve the final design? Can't just blame Asics

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not sure if its been rasied before, but why on earth is the away jersey white? What's wrong with green?

44311-wallabies-2015-rugby-world-cup-mens-replica-away-jersey-175.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Red one needed to be gold on all the blue bits. The red itself isn't bad, but it doesn't go with the navy, and if you're gonna use the colours of the rampant, use the bloody rampant colours.

Sorry. And Purple monstrosity beats all.