• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Official Shield Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The very first step would be to talk to his family.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Agree Sully.

We might be able to set that up through Morgan, or I know Shawn's brother Matt was shared into the GAGR facebook feed of the article.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can we all agree it should look more like the restored shield of some ancient warrior, than something found on the wall of a lawn bowls club dining room or school hall?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Start pitching it now FOR next season - strike while the iron is hot. Get some momentum going and have it as part of the launch factor for next season.

Otherwise in the wash-up of the NRC where everyone starts to talk about the finances and continuity in less ideological terms, and momentum is lost as we get distracted by October Bledisloe and EOYT speculation.

Absolutely, whether or not now was the best time to start it, its more or less under way. Sure hold off on taking money for anything until the ARU/NRC at least have a chance to respond but lets keep the train rolling. If they don't have anything they're planning they'd be insane* to turn it down.

*They might be insane.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can we all agree it should look more like the restored shield of some ancient warrior, than something found on the wall of a lawn bowls club dining room or school hall?

Under the hills the heart of the axe
Arises from cinders the still core of the fire,
Heated and hammered the handle an afterthought,
For the hills are forging the first breath of war.
The soldier's heart sires and brothers
The battlefield.
Come back in glory
Or on your shield.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Spartan women used to say that last bit to their men when they went off to battle.

They had shields like this:

300_spartan_shield.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah think we want something that is a bit more "rugby" and a bit less "bloodthirst Greek mofo"

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It's a stunning coincidence that the one Pfitzy article that goes viral is the first piece of intelligent, cogent, non-offensive writing he has done in the eight or so years I have known him.
You're just too naïve to pick up on the offensive bits I put in there.

You gronk.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He's taken on a cloak of respectability. All credibility now dissolved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah think we want something that is a bit more "rugby" and a bit less "bloodthirst Greek mofo"

Bloodthirsty greek mofo would be cooler.

But I don't really care so long as it doesn't look like an oversized dinner plate or the type of boring wooden shields high schools use to list their past school captains.

Needs some size and character about it. And a bit of uniqueness.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm drawing a line in the sand here. Brisbane City as winners in the first game ever played currently hold the shield.

And while we're at it Queenslands super rugby titles in 94 and 95 are just as valid as anything that has been won since.

Status
Not open for further replies.