• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Olympic Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Great run by Sally Pearson in the heats.

I've got a huge crush on her :)

That heat she just ran certainly will give her some confidence back which is great but I still reckon I'm going to be freaking out come the medal event. She's awesome Sal. She admitted after the heat that she was nervous & looks to be more natural than what she was in the other interview - hopefully that is a good sign.

How good was the on the buzzer from behind victory against the Ruskis in Mens Basket Ball?

Shite I missed it! I was on another one of the channels. I watched the Opals beat Canada the other night. Not doing too bad so far.

@MrDoug - here's hoping Ken Wallace goes well!

Also Zoe Buckman goes through qualifying heat for 1500m.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
We win our second gold at last!

Congrats to Tom Slingsby in the sailing.

Yes! & special mention to Kontides who took silver as the first ever Cypriot to win an Olympic medal.

Tom is from the NSW central coast so not too far down the road from my joint. Didnt realise that! & we still have some other sailors to go for medals.

Also, earlier today I saw Aussie Benita Willis in the women's marathon put up a huge effort with what I believe was a badly injured hip flexor. No medal but big effort with an injury like that.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
My neighbour is a Newcastle boy and a pretty keen sailor. I get the impression that there have been some good boaties produced out of that neck of the woods.

Oh yes. There are some very good sailing clubs up our way. Tempted to have a go myself.

Got myself back up to watch the Olympics, can't sleep. I had to call an ambo for Ma she's had blood pressure issues - they've taken her to the hospital. I'm sure she's just a little stressed out & needs some reassurance.

Good thing I get sport all night & early morning.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Another gold in the 49ers as well, although they still have one race to go apparently on Wednesday.

Finally, we can stop the apologizing and set our sights on taking on Kazakhstan on the medal table.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Sailing comes to the rescue as yours truly predicted. (well not really, but thought that was where our next gold would come from)

One more gold guaranteed and chances for gold in another couple.

Feel sorry for Michael diamond though.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If we get too many Golds in the Sailing, it will undermine our bragging rights that the Darkness got all their medals sitting on their arse in the water.

All we will be able to brag about is that at least we were going in the right direction!

For AS
Hope Mrs Placid Seahorse is better.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sailing comes to the rescue as yours truly predicted. (well not really, but thought that was where our next gold would come from)

One more gold guaranteed and chances for gold in another couple.

Feel sorry for Michael diamond though.

Just saw the story on Michael, heart breaking, he was in the box seat!

If we get too many Golds in the Sailing, it will undermine our bragging rights that the Darkness got all their medals sitting on their arse in the water.

All we will be able to brag about is that at least we were going in the right direction!

For AS
Hope Mrs Placid Seahorse is better.

True Re the sailing & the kiwi's, this complicates our sledging approach.

Ma is ok. Paramedics found her blood pressure had sky rocketed so they took her in to get checked & the Docs reckon it was a panic attack (she's had some hlth issues lately & I think she was worrying about it happen again) - certainly did not need that at 2:35am in the morning! All is well & she's looking forward to more Olympics & the Rugby Championship :)

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
That heat she just ran certainly will give her some confidence back which is great but I still reckon I'm going to be freaking out come the medal event. She's awesome Sal. She admitted after the heat that she was nervous & looks to be more natural than what she was in the other interview - hopefully that is a good sign.

Shite I missed it! I was on another one of the channels. I watched the Opals beat Canada the other night. Not doing too bad so far.

@MrDoug - here's hoping Ken Wallace goes well!

Also Zoe Buckman goes through qualifying heat for 1500m.

Yes, AS, Ken has been in good form lately, recording fast times in training. Looking forward to his K2 1000 final tomorrow evening @ 7:16 AEST (as Hugh mentioned earlier).
K4 1000 Mens just had a good win in their heat!

Sadly, my LRJs didn't assist Michael Diamond in the Trap Shooting!

Plenty of drama at mens' diving and mens' 110m hurdles!!

Status
Not open for further replies.