• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The one and only Wallaby Coach thread

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
That's not a bad idea. Apparently Manenti is absolutely loved by the group & was the same when he was at eastwood. I'm not saying that he should be the next wallabies coach but you could shuffle the deck chairs around

Grey to wallabies system forwards coach maybe
Manenti to u/20 as apart of his development
Hoiles back to 7's but as senior mens
I know Manenti put his hand up for the tahs job last time it was available, I expect both him and Grey will be gunning for a super rugby head coach position sometime next year, assuming one becomes available. Hoiles would probably put his hand up too, though I'd be surprised to see him get up over those two.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I know Manenti put his hand up for the tahs job last time it was available, I expect both him and Grey will be gunning for a super rugby head coach position sometime next year, assuming one becomes available. Hoiles would probably put his hand up too, though I'd be surprised to see him get up over those two.
I guess it will come down to who Brett Clark likes the most

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I see Cheika has officially left Los Pumas, any chance of him being the next Wobs HC or is he still heading to NRL?
NRL coaching staff seem pretty set for now, so if he's looking for a head coach role somewhere I imagine it would be within rugby. That can all change quite quickly though.

Homer

Larry Dwyer (12)
They haven't ruled him out but I think (or maybe just hope) they'd have to miss out on quite a few of the other candidates to gamble on Cheika right now.
RA would be foolish to go back to Cheika. If we are looking for a reset at the Wallabies then Cheika's 'its everyone else's fault' mentality is wrong. Teach your team not to give away penalties, don't blame the ref for giving them.

There are plenty of proven coaches looking at the job and some who deserve a chance. Right now we need someone willing to build a solid team, develop depth and just play smart footy instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. Cheika's run the ball at all costs mentality was a failure at the WC and his unwillingness to work with a DoR was damaging to RA.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm not sure this forum could handle that.
Why not? Figuring it'd go into full melt down?

I'd be surprised if he did come in even as a consultant. as he's said on multiple occasions he isn't interested. But, you never know, someone might just have the golden tongue that will talk him around

Homer

Larry Dwyer (12)
The Roar is today again reminding us that Joe Schmidt is interested..

Apparently Horne won't start until March, but RA are sounding out Nucifora for a consulting role.
He is locked in with Ireland till after the olympics.