• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The road home - Super rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
despite the fact that I feel the Force should have been in the final six, I have no real issue with the bonus point system. The system is designed to encourage try scoring and I think it achieves that. Every team in the comp knows the rules at the start of the season. Those teams that want to play no frills rugby know they will be at a disadvantage. I have no problem with that. It encourages attacking rugby, which is what most fans want to see (particularly the aussie public).

I'm also a fan of the losing bonus point. It adds an extra element to the game when your team is behind by 10 with 2 minutes to go.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
To offer an alternative experience to LG's, I reckon there's some merit in the losing bonus point. I well recall the Tahs/Clan match at the SFS in 1996 when the Clan were 11 points down at the 80 minute mark as they were attacking the Tahs' line. The boys from Dunedin, who were obviously going to lose, kept the ball alive for God knows how many phases and eventually scored a try some two minutes after the siren. It was great theatre. On another note, a couple more losing bonus points would've been worth gold to the Force this year.

The prospect of losing bonus points gives the trailing team a shitload of incentive late in the game. I vote for keeping it.

More likely an incentive to kick goals if that gets them within 7 points of the leading team.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hey hey hey, Australia has two teams in the semis, New Zealand and SA only one each! I know this really means nothing, but it's fun to enjoy it for a week.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If the Tahs lose next week, the Grand Final will be either Christchurch or Durban, depending who wins that game.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If the Tahs lose next week, the Grand Final will be either Christchurch or Durban, depending who wine that game.
True so if you ended up winning that Volvo comp for a trip to the final & aren't a tahs fan, you're probably cheering for a couple of upsets.

But otherwise, go the Tahs.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Might have to travel to SA next week.

Damn Sharks ticket office is not yet open online. What's wrong with these people? No confidence in their team or the Tahs ability to do a Tahs?

Status
Not open for further replies.