• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
JAAAAAIIILLLBREAK.

tumblr_n5qfe3Z1kb1smgou0o1_400.gif

Boks with damn near 70% territory........... and lose 0-55.

Can you fucking believe it.

Shaky start from Hames, damn near horror show really, just all went wrong for him. 1st 15 mins garbage allround really..... the caretaker dwarf at fullback with more ignominy...... then hello, it's off to the races. Helped by Bok lineout completely falling apawt, Malcolm Marx biffing it in like his dad Harpo.

jailbreak_zps2a2few9v.gif

Rieko Ioane departs Albany Stadium. With Raymond Rhule in the car boot.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thought it was not a bad performance by ABs. Was funny they didn't seem to be all that dominate in first half but points just seemed to come. Second half the Boks seemed to be mentally beaten by then. I have to say (I know I say it a lot) this All Black team surely look like they enjoy playing the game, and I think it makes a huge difference to how they perform.

As an aside both coaches were pretty good and interesting at the after match press conference!

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Thought it was not a bad performance by ABs. Was funny they didn't seem to be all that dominate in first half but points just seemed to come. Second half the Boks seemed to be mentally beaten by then. I have to say (I know I say it a lot) this All Black team surely look like they enjoy playing the game, and I think it makes a huge difference to how they perform.

As an aside both coaches were pretty good and interesting at the after match press conference!
Those turnover/intercept/quick tap/kick return tries just kill opposition teams don't they.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Nobody prepared to own this mess.

Coach thinks it wasn't all that bad and some things didn't go their way at the start. What a joke.

No improvement since last year.

So many players just not up to this level.

So depressing.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Those turnover/intercept/quick tap/kick return tries just kill opposition teams don't they.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
The turnovers, quick taps and cross field kicks really shouldn't be such regular occurances. I mean just wake the fuck up during transitional periods ffs. You know it's coming it happens every match. Doubt the All Blacks will be seriously tested till they head north.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As he alluded to yesterday, Shag's leaving six key player (Whitelock, Retallick, Cane, Squire, Barrett & Crotty) out've the 28 going to BA:

All Blacks squad to travel to Argentina is:

Forwards: Wyatt Crockett, Kane Hames, Nepo Laulala, Jeffery To'omaga Allen, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Dane Coles, Codie Taylor, Nathan Harris, Scott Barrett, Luke Romano, Patrick Tuipulotu, Vaea Fifita, Jerome Kaino, Kieran Read (capt), Ardie Savea, Matt Todd.

Backs: Tawera Kerr-Barlow, TJ Perenara, Aaron Smith, Lima Sopoaga, Anton Lienert-Brown, Ngani Laumape, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, David Havili, Damian McKenzie, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Waisake Naholo.

Recalls for Kaino, Tuipulotu & after a four-year absence Toomaga-Allen plus Todd back from injury.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...gentina-jerome-kaino-patrick-tuipulotu-return

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Nobody prepared to own this mess.

Coach thinks it wasn't all that bad and some things didn't go their way at the start. What a joke.

No improvement since last year.

So many players just not up to this level.

So depressing.

No doubt the players are not necessarily perfect, but the primary issue is not there. I'd be pointing the finger somewhere else.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well played sir.

Some very shaky defence out wide for the Boks that was made to pay.

Physicality was good from the ABs. Some of the attack was a bit scratchy but nonetheless some good tries and superb defence.

All Blacks were super. The Bokke nowhere. We'll need to beat the Wallabies to get the ship back on track.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Is it just me that gets a bit annoyed when the ABs are already 50 points up, time is up on the clock and they get a penalty and choose to go for another try rather than just finishing the game and showing a bit of mercy?

6eaae2198dd4a6f8d84a8c9144f39d2159ac4ede594c9fa854aec301e62c332e.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is it just me that gets a bit annoyed when the ABs are already 50 points up, time is up on the clock and they get a penalty and choose to go for another try rather than just finishing the game and showing a bit of mercy?

6eaae2198dd4a6f8d84a8c9144f39d2159ac4ede594c9fa854aec301e62c332e.jpg

Not in the slightest. I think you play your best (and merciless) for the full 80. I resent when teams shut up shop to avoid injuries and just play out the game.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
And he's never been the same since. If Lealiifano had been able to maintain his 2012 form we'd have been spared years of Foley v Quade crap.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
i hear ya there. However, those record books don't rewrite themselves. Plus, when it's open season at the buffet table who among you can deny themselves that one last chop? WHO?

that said though what does shit me is the jubilant ecstatic try celebrations when you're 50-nil up. Really? Did that one clinch NZ the World Cup Final? In the overall scheme of things it was that fucken great?

Indecorous.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
i hear ya there. However, those record books don't rewrite themselves. Plus, when it's open season at the buffet table who among you can deny themselves that one last chop? WHO?

that said though what does shit me is the jubilant ecstatic try celebrations when you're 50-nil up. Really? Did that one clinch NZ the World Cup Final? In the overall scheme of things it was that fucken great?

Indecorous.

Sorry DP, a try scored at 50 points up should be celebrated as much as one scored at 0-0, we constantly say don't take your foot off the throat, and to add to that the boys scoring them are quite often the ones who have just come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.