• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
15 Coetzee #voteno
14. Rhule #voteno
13. Kriel #voteno
11. Skosan #votelightweight
10 Junkies #votefrigginno
9 Cronje #voteno
8 Cassiem #votewhothef?
3. Nyakane #votewtf?
2. Marx #votenotstraight

Too much no. Way too much. All the above guys are sold Super Rugby players. Not up to this level. #NO

dru

Tim Horan (67)
15 Coetzee #voteno
14. Rhule #voteno
13. Kriel #voteno
11. Skosan #votelightweight
10 Junkies #votefrigginno
9 Cronje #voteno
8 Cassiem #votewhothef?
3. Nyakane #votewtf?
2. Marx #votenotstraight

Too much no. Way too much. All the above guys are sold Super Rugby players. Not up to this level. #NO

Over reaction. Coetzee and his team is the issue, along with the big step when suddenly facing the ABs.

Thule was out of place in D. I very much like Kreil, Jantjies,Cronje. I think Skosan is world class. Cassiem needs to prove himself, but generally Coetzee needs to think about that light weight back row and balance. Bok Front row need some proper scrum work, surely there is a Safer available for the job, it is a SA strength after all.

You left out the locks, who are world class but also failed to show in NZ.

Coaching, start there. Otherwise the selections mean nothing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was wondering that WOB, until she who reckons she knows more on subject pointed out that perhaps babe is late or showing signs of being pretty early!
Wonder if Shag starts DMac at 10 , move NMS to 15 so BB gets a break!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ sounds like theres no major drama with the Sopoaga's imminent new arrival, which is good to hear, so maybe Mrs D54 is on the money (as usual, it would seem :)). Beaugan's rest plan now seems to involve flying up to U.K. later than the rest of the team, Shag stating on tonight's News that "he was never gunna play [against the Baabaa's] anyway". FWIW I don't think they'll start the wee bloke at 10 but he may well finish there, Shag & Foster having both said that's where they see his future being.

EDIT: he may be a CruSadist but "David Havili, All Black" just don't sound right to these here ears.......

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dan beat me to it but here's the full team:

All Blacks team to play Argentina in Buenos Aires: Damian McKenzie, Waisake Naholo, Anton Lienert-Brown, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Beauden Barrett, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read (c), Matt Todd, Vaea Fifita, Scott Barrett, Luke Romano, Nepo Laulala, Dane Coles, Kane Hames. Reserves: Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Patrick Tuipulotu, Ardie Savea, TJ Perenara, Ngani Laumape, David Havili.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Argentina: 15 Joaquin Tuculet, 14 Matias Moroni, 13 Matias Orlando, 12 Jeronimo de la Fuente, 11 Emiliano Boffelli, 10 Nicolas Sanchez, 9 Tomas Cubelli, 8 Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 7 Tomas Lezana, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2 Agustin Creevy (c), 1 Lucas Noguera
Replacements: 16 Julian Montoya, 17 Santiago Garcia Botta, 18 Ramiro Herrera, 19 Marcos Kremer, 20 Javier Ortega Desio, 21 Martin Landajo, 22 Juan Martin Hernandez, 23 Santiago Cordero

Leguizamon back as is Lavanini. TAB should run an option on him going 80 without getting carded.

Confirming match details:

Date: Saturday, September 30/ Sunday, October 1 depending on time zone.
Venue: Estadio Vélez Sarsfield, Buenos Aires
Kick-off: 19:40 local (22:40 GMT)*
Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
Assistant referees: Mathieu Raynal (France), Marius van der Westhuizen (South Africa)
TMO: Marius Jonker (South Africa)

* that's 11:40 NZDT, 08:40 BrisVegas & not sure if 08:40 AEST or 09:40 AEDT.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
And another ridiculous card. Decided he wanted to bin someone, didn't know who, so seemingly just chose at random. A bad decision in and of itself, but made worse by his choosing Todd, who did his job perfectly.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights:

Credit to Argentina for not fading after Creevy was subbed like they usually do & agree with zer0, cards against Lavanini & Todd were flat-out bad calls.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting to see Shag must have decided that Todd must of overtaken Ardie at 7, as he along with Fifita, Romano,Laumape and Naholo not going to SA, also Retallick not going as wife has had miscarriage.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sad to read about the Retallick family's devastation.I'm sure some Boks will send him some condolences - hopefully Eben being his rival and captain.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Blacks team to meet South Africa: Damian McKenzie, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Ryan Crotty, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Beauden Barrett, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read (c), Sam Cane, Liam Squire, Scott Barrett, Sam Whitelock, Nepo Laulala, Dane Coles, Kane Hames. Reserves: Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett. Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Patrick Tuipulotu, Matt Todd, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Lima Sopoaga, David Havili.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...all-blacks-name-top-team-to-meet-south-africa

Status
Not open for further replies.