• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Boks have to back themselves here. A win would be awesome.

Interesting to see how the AB changes go.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
With Naholo & Ioane out there Pollard will kick long, they'll chase hard & try to isolate the targeted winger or pressure them into a low-percentage play, as they did in Wellywood.

In Welly the ABs played the dual-fullback back-3 and it did not work.

This is the strongest back 3 the ABs can put out on the park at the moment unless the put BB to 15 and Ben From Accounts to 14 but they won't do that. Jordie just doesn't have the form to warrant selection at the moment. I'd rather roll with this back 3 on a hard fast Highveld track than shoehorn Jordie in there just for the purposes of having two fullbacks in the back 3.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

This is the strongest back 3 the ABs can put out on the park at the moment unless the put BB to 15 and Ben From Accounts to 14 but they won't do that. Jordie just doesn't have the form to warrant selection at the moment. I'd rather roll with this back 3 on a hard fast Highveld track than shoehorn Jordie in there just for the purposes of having two fullbacks in the back 3.
They should do this, and they should start Mo'unga because he's ace.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

The reason it didn't work in Wellywood is that we didn't so much have two fullbacks as a kicking winger in 14 & a bit of a headless chook in 15.

Agree they'll never start Beaugan at 15, fucked if I know why 'cos he's spends some time there when he's the starting 10 & frequently ends up there. Not a fan of the blowfly-in-a-bottle starting at 15, either, & NM-S is barely worth his place in the 32 atm so options a bit limited. In summary you're probably right re: it being the strongest back-3 available this week, but come RWC we're gunna need a stronger combo that includes a winger who can kick.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez bloody christ, that was another AB/Bok test!! Wasn't the most open game, but I will accept that win, bloody hard won! And that pretty well evens it up for the year, each team won a test by 2 points!! I am saying I pretty happy, ABs?Boks having 2 tests that close , the rugby world is in balance!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Congrats to the All Blacks. If you want to beat them you need to play for 80 minutes.

Rassie will get us there.

Today the All Blacks bench were the difference.

For me just to be competitive is enough but today we dominate for 70 minutes.

Faf, Willie and Marx are important.

I'd like to see more of Willemse.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Congrats to the All Blacks. If you want to beat them you need to play for 80 minutes.

Rassie will get us there.

Today the All Blacks bench were the difference.

For me just to be competitive is enough but today we dominate for 70 minutes.

Faf, Willie and Marx are important.

I'd like to see more of Willemse.

Sensational game by the Boks. Incredible turnaround since Coetzee.

Got to hand it to the ABs though, tough team to beat.

Thought Angus had a great game. ;-)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Sensational game by the Boks. Incredible turnaround since Coetzee.

Got to hand it to the ABs though, tough team to beat.

Thought Angus had a great game. ;-)

I was going to ask about Angus, I need some positivity this morning. What did NZ and SA supporters think of his performance?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Rugby Gods:

Holy motherfucking shitballs New Zealand are going to lose another game? Didn't the Bokkies get the memo? They've already lost their assigned biennial 'wake-up' call.

Seriously though, why don't the ABs ever just lose a match like an ordinary team. Like watching fucken Man Utd in 'Fergie' time. Jammy fucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.