• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Tuesday Top Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Toloan's win in whatever Comp. does Drews try (& no other form wingers) bring him into RWC contention?

As I said in the blog of the game - if the selectors don't pick Mitchell and Giteau they are barking mad.

Rebels v Chiefs

I'm a glad that it is so but weren't the Chiefs dudded in Melbourne?

About on the 30 minute mark the Chiefs went over for a try with the ball carrier in front - what was wrong?

Soon after the Messam charges upfield and yarda, yarda but play was called back for a little knee push.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rebels v Chiefs

I'm a glad that it is so but weren't the Chiefs dudded in Melbourne?

About on the 30 minute mark the Chiefs went over for a try with the ball carrier in front - what was wrong?

Soon after the Messam charges upfield and yarda, yarda but play was called back for a little knee push.

that 1st half was a real wft. Has referee Andrew Leeds got some family in Melbourne or something?

Stirzakers "try" had to be obstruction, it just looked all wrong, bloke cut off from having a chance to tackle him, that chicanery is ALWAYS called back.

although Messam didnt help by playing one of the dumbest games I have ever seen from him. Plus, as captain, his communication with the ref is reminiscent of a dopey 14-year old who has just transferred schools and every day is his first day. Clueless. And always highly visible because, due to his massive engine, he is bloody everywhere!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Stirzakers "try" had to be obstruction, it just looked all wrong, bloke cut off from having a chance to tackle him, that chicanery is ALWAYS called back.
I wouldn't have been surprised if that try had been called back for accidental offside when Stirzaker ran into Jones, but when the Chiefs' player was allegedly obstructed, Jones was then behind Stirzaker, so no problem at all in that regard.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Still smarting about that game despite my Aussie leanings, my hip pocket hurts more that's why!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate - that is outstanding and it didn't need any editing - which is plain showing off if you ask me.

Smarten up mate - put in the odd comma in the wrong place or the odd mistake. You have been warned.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm not good with short sentences, I tend to run them all together unnessisarily, and it makes for bad reading, I'm not sure how many commas, regular or oxford were out of place but I did re read it a couple of times with fresh eyes.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm so sick the idea of playing one game either side of halfway.

The fundamental difference of the games is at the tackle. Their is either a contest for the ball or there isn't, you cant split that...

You may as well play league with real set pieces: line-outs and scrums. At least that way both supporters can understand what is happening.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Round 13

How good was that Whitehouselock try? There has to be a YouTube on it.

How influential is Nadolo now? Nobody was second guessing the Waratahs when they let him out of their stable, because he wasn't a real footie player then and had trouble with his hands and making decisions in club rugby. No other Oz franchise was interested either.

He went to France and then to Exeter but it was in Japan that he found his vehicle to improve.

What is it with the Rebels and the Kiwis??

The Toby Smith try from the lineout was a cracker but the ball-boy gave Leafa the ball to throw in and it wasn't even the same ball. The lineout hadn't formed (not two from each team) so it was a quick throw lineout and should have been re-taken. Just as well the Rebs won by plenty.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Blues try involving Mealamu and Piatau? was a very well executed move. Tries of the week package: Whitelock, Smith, Piatau and ... ... ... ?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
The Toby Smith try from the lineout was a cracker but the ball-boy gave Leafa the ball to throw in and it wasn't even the same ball. The lineout hadn't formed (not two from each team) so it was a quick throw lineout and should have been re-taken. Just as well the Rebs won by plenty.

The fact that the ball-boy touched the ball prohibits a quick throw - nevermind it has to be the same ball.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
A good topic for this week might be who is likely back up for Moore at hooker. According to most Charles is looking good, I was impressed by the rebels rake. I feel like TPN is in the mix but ethically I feel like he should seriously consider retirement.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
The fact that the ball-boy touched the ball prohibits a quick throw - nevermind it has to be the same ball.

It wasn't a "quick throw". It was a "quick lineout". The issue of the ball boy touching the ball is not relevant. Only whether the conditions of a normal lineout were met - 2 from each team, went 5m, straight etc.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Men's sevens team all but out of contention for Olympic qualification - new path and issues questions about it (ie do you start bringing in 15s players into the November tournament)

Status
Not open for further replies.