• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Supporter Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the group needs a spiritual leader and should be named after them.

Could possibly be named in honour of: Matt Dunning, Al Baxter, Phil Kearns, Buddha Handy.

I'm not sure which other former players would be suitable, but they should probably be front rowers.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
This raises an interesting thought. If you could pick one guy to be a figurehead what former player would you choose? I think we should more go along the lines of VB with David Boon and the Boony Army. For me this player would be Filthy Waugh. The team could be the Waughiers and everyone could wear wigs of patchy long blond hair stained with blood. Would be awesome.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We could be the Official Qantas Wallabies Supporters Group and worship Radike Samo as our hero.

Everyone could turn up in black afros and face paint.

It would be great PR for Qantas.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Easy chant: the troup, the troup, the troup is on fire! We don't need no water we just need some beers! Beers mother fuckers beers! (okay, you may have to change the last bit but the first half is easy)

A

Army_Gav

People need to understand too, that this supporter bay will be located at an end, behind the goals.

Also, how do you feel about standing for 80 minutes? It looks awful and feels strange trying to sing en masse on your arse.

For those who know a bit about supporter groups and tactics across, the world. I see this being heavily English influenced (decentralized) rather then European (has a leader or commonly referred to as a capo). The former makes it nice as simple, however relies heavily on people wanting to engage and join in.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've got no dramas about being behind the goal posts now that we've got a half decent kicker in JOC (James O'Connor) plus it increases your chances of being hugged by AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom