• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Supporter Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

chequebalance

Bill Watson (15)
Gold rush, Gold Fools, Heart of Gold, Gold sing Matilda (might make a good chant), The mint, Gold mine, Nuggets, Paw prints (Follow them to the Wallabies), Golden Child (children).

Sorry I am just babbling, bored at work...

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
The Wolf Pack

You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Guys,

TROOP:
a group of soldiers, esp. a cavalry unit commanded by a captain, or an airborne unit.
• (troops) soldiers or armed forces: UN peacekeeping troops | (as modifier troop) : troop withdrawals.

TROUPE
noun
a group of dancers, actors, or other entertainers who tour to different venues.

Look, I know it was my idea an' all so I'm not unbiased, but

G TROOP with the army shirts and special forces beret's etc is kinda cool. It would play out well on TV, which means you could get sponsors too.

A

Army_Gav

Look, I know it was my idea an' all so I'm not unbiased, but

G TROOP with the army shirts and special forces beret's etc is kinda cool. It would play out well on TV, which means you could get sponsors too.
G Troup ?

When I hear <Letter> Troop, I think of the now defunct North Queensland Fury supporters group the F Troop.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Name? How about the "Gold Mine"? Initiatives would then be "nuggets". The possibilities are endless.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I will do more of these for each suggested for some fun. Stitched this together in five minutes:

WolfPack.jpg

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
really would find it hard to support this is the figurehead was dunning or baxter .
these two were never taken seriously by opposition. and i wouldnt want chris handy to ever again be in a positio to say "go you good thing" in public
id much rather someone who intimidated opponents or someone you would follow into battle
pity we havnt had any scary front rowers for over a decade... maybe a mean backrower could do it hows finegan for speechs?
problem with having a current player like samo is that when he retires the afros would seem a bit silly

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
really would find it hard to support this is the figurehead was dunning or baxter .
these two were never taken seriously by opposition. and i wouldnt want chris handy to ever again be in a positio to say "go you good thing" in public
id much rather someone who intimidated opponents or someone you would follow into battle
pity we havnt had any scary front rowers for over a decade... maybe a mean backrower could do it hows finegan for speechs?
problem with having a current player like samo is that when he retires the afros would seem a bit silly

Figurehead isn't and shouldn't be about installing fear, they should be about the fun the group has. If the group has fun, it makes noise.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
thats true>
i guess the point im trying to make is thatif its going to be an ex player it should be someone that is respected for their deeds on the field
i dont doubt the effort players like dunning and baxter put in over the last 10 years but i do doubt their effectiveness. and strong leaders with the ability the rally people behind them dunning and baxter are not
brendan cannon would probably be a good suggestion> but i am a bit biased cause i worship any player whos belted an all black in a test
lote tuquri too

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Matt Dunning could rally a crowd and lead a boat race. Also the stuffed dolls would really get the ladies and kids involved.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Surely we can all identify with Nick Phipps though. He sits and watches the wallabies like us. He just has better seats.

A

Army_Gav

To make this painful thread stop, I'm going to make an executive decision and say Troup is the name.

Now all we need is scarfs!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I really don't think it matters what type of player they were. A passion for the game and the ability to share that passion would work better for me.

Sent using Tapatalk on a very old phone

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
To add to Sully's post cult figures tend to do better as a figure head anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.