• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Supporter Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Army_Gav

Also, pub culture is really important with any supporter group, eg. getting to the pub a good 2-3 hours before hand, having several pints and singing. It's how you learn songs.

Based on some of the blokes I've met on here, I don't think that'll be a problem though...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
nice, I refer back to the article I wrote at a similar time last year (about 5 weeks later) also requesting fans to fire up

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I think the group needs a spiritual leader and should be named after them.

Could possibly be named in honour of: Matt Dunning, Al Baxter, Phil Kearns, Buddha Handy.

I'm not sure which other former players would be suitable, but they should probably be front rowers.

It has to be Buddha.

And Troupe sounds better than mob.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I was thinking 'The 23rd Man' as a general name, but 'The Troup' is growing on me. I wouldn't be averse to 'The Mob' either haha.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
I don't really know what plans Gav and Stu would have outside of the Melbourne Welsh test or the Brisbane Bledisloe, but i really hope we can get some NSW and ACT lads to really push this thing for the Sydney Tests.

Given the amount of (important) tests that are going to be played there it's so important for whatever this group ends up being has a strong presence in sydney. We could have a real chance of getting a new supporter culture going for the national team where others have failed.

But for all cases:

- Find a pub (beer garden is favoured) and get there well before the game starts
- Deck the place out in as much green and gold as you can
- Bring as many mates as you can with you
- Start drinking and singing (This is where they will be learnt)
- Make a racket when you enter the ground
- Make sure you are all STANDING behind the goals for the whole game.

That is the foundations for a good supporter culture, everything else will come naturally if you get that right. God i hope we can do this!

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
"The Vault" - coz that's where the Gold is.

Also, it sounds cooler than calling it the Gold Army, Goldzone or Goldmembers.

Need a name for those who fill the Vault though as "WobSquad" becomes "Nobsquad" far too easily.

A

Army_Gav

It would save confusion if you just called it the caxton st end.

Bar to seat in 5 min. also the NW corner has a bar that serves full strength beer.
No preference of which end at a particular stadium, I'll put the request too the ARU.

Btw. I've committed to the Melbourne/Welsh game and the Brisbane Bledisloe. Sounds like I'm getting dragged into the Sydney game too.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
No preference of which end at a particular stadium, I'll put the request too the ARU.

Btw. I've committed to the Melbourne/Welsh game and the Brisbane Bledisloe. Sounds like I'm getting dragged into the Sydney game too.

well duh, everyone knows rugby is a full time commitment. show those lost souls up there the way of light.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
The Nobodies (because thats what we'd be, and we could take Eales on as our Patron).

Nobodies' Mob (bit of a double entendre), or Nobodies' Army (as in, We're nobodies' "army", but we're Nobodies' Army and we're an army of nobodies)

The Macropod Mob - macropod being the genus to which Wallabies belong, or just The Macropods.

The Golden Maul

GoldRuckers

Radiki's Ruckers (and do the afro wig thing as a uniform. might be a bit lame when he's not/no longer playing)

The Dunning Dogs (could bark and howl for effect when a try gets scored)

Whats the deal with Troup 23 by the way?

HEY - What about G Troop - like F Troop (remember the old tv show?) Wear Army shirts, they are olive green or Khaki which is a bit Steve Irwin ish which works too or source a green on green camo t-shirt with G TROOP on it - with Yellow berets so you have an easy to obtain and cheap uniform that should look kinda cool. You could set up an Army rank structure that way too for Platoons in different cities/towns, State based Brigades etc, helps with organisational and administrative purposes etc. Would let the real keen ones take a leadership role in organising their local G TROOP Platoon or the G TROOP [State] Brigade.

A

Army_Gav

The Nobodies (because thats what we'd be, and we could take Eales on as our Patron). VOTE WORTHY

Nobodies' Mob (bit of a double entendre), or Nobodies' Army (as in, We're nobodies' "army", but we're Nobodies' Army and we're an army of nobodies)

The Macropod Mob - macropod being the genus to which Wallabies belong, or just The Macropods. YUCK

The Golden Maul YUCK

GoldRuckers YUCK

Radiki's Ruckers (and do the afro wig thing as a uniform. might be a bit lame when he's not/no longer playing) YUCK

The Dunning Dogs (could bark and howl for effect when a try gets scored) YUCK

Whats the deal with Troup 23 by the way? See the previous posts

HEY - What about G Troop - like F Troop (remember the old tv show?) Wear Army shirts, they are olive green or Khaki which is a bit Steve Irwin ish which works too or source a green on green camo t-shirt with G TROOP on it - with Yellow berets so you have an easy to obtain and cheap uniform that should look kinda cool. You could set up an Army rank structure that way too for Platoons in different cities/towns, State based Brigades etc, helps with organisational and administrative purposes etc. Would let the real keen ones take a leadership role in organising their local G TROOP Platoon or the G TROOP [State] Brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.