• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallaby 12 Conundrum

Who do you think should be the Wallaby 12?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The way I recall it, at St Eddies both Henjak and Giteau played halfback. Henjak was the preferred halfback and went on to represent OZ schoolboys and age grades.

Giteau changed positions but still played some 9 for Queanbeyan if I recall.

One of the die hard Brumbies fans may recall this better than I but I recall games during that purple patch period for the Brumbies 2000-01 that they didn't even select a back up halfback on the bench with Gregan basically playing 80 minutes. They had Travis Hall who I thought was a 10.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Travis Hall was always there as a backup nine by my recollection, though he may possibly have been able to fill in at 10.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Lealiifano's "I've lost a mother" about Di Patston is another way of saying "Ewen, I'd really like to play for the Wallabies this weekend". Lealiifano's a bad decision. He is down on form. Horne or Godwin at 12 would have been far better.

T

Train Without a Station

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Lealiifano's "I've lost a mother" about Di Patston is another way of saying "Ewen, I'd really like to play for the Wallabies this weekend". Lealiifano's a bad decision. He is down on form. Horne or Godwin at 12 would have been far better.

Don't go there girlfriend!

T

Train Without a Station

Horne wouldn't be ideal. I submit the Argentina test as exhibit A. You can see the game turn exactly around the time he comes on at 12.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think it's just you. But, hey, individuality can be a tough row to hoe.

T

Train Without a Station

When do you think he last would have had a training run at 12 in a Wallabies training session? 2011?

I highly doubt he's had one this year.

Considering he played all last super season there (very well mind you), defended there all this year and defended there often when Beale was on the park for the wallabies, I think he's probably spent more time there than you give him credit for.

To'omua off the bench there last year instantly looked good from what I recall.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wasn't Gits a 9 before he came into the Wallabies?

That backline was a bunch of decisions that individually all made sense but looking back as a whole seems ludicrous.

Wanted depth at 10, Rogers wanted to play 10, Connolly didn't want to drop Larkham to do that, Knuckles wanted Gits at 9 for versatility (I think he remained the first choice 12 despite that - was Staniforth used as his replacement?), I think Morty was injured again and Tuqiri was discussed as a potential 13 option. That's what we ended up with.

Playing for the Brumby Runners (or Vikings, or Kookaburras) before the call up the Super and Wallabies, he partnered Matt Henjack at 9/10. At the time, I always thought he should have played 9 and Henjack 10, but it was usually the other way round as I recall.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I thought he played ok tonight. We missed some direction around the backline and had a 13 outside him who was having a great game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Yeah, to save To'omua's spot we should just make assumptions about how he would have gone rather than use the evidence available

Status
Not open for further replies.