• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallaby 12 Conundrum

Who do you think should be the Wallaby 12?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
CL? I thought Slipper wasn't bad as a distributor also.
Being that we are discussing Wallaby 12's, yes I am referring to CL. Also Slipper doesn't have the long kicking game we require from our 12.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Kuridrani is sown in. LILO should have the spot easily for now.agreed big time. Problem is we want Henry speight on the wing...so that will have to push Ashley C back into the centres....bummer!

Speight coming in would push Tomane out. Alternatively, if you keep Tomane is would push AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the bench. Kuridrani has proven to be better then AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 at Test level so I don't see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) playing their unless their is rotation or injury.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) covers 11, 13, 14 & 15, and 12 at a pinch (played a blinder against Wales at IC on EoYT a few years ago), perfect bench player. If either Leali'ifano or To'omua wear the 12 jumper the coach can go with a 6/2 bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Kuridrani has proven to be better then AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 at Test level so I don't see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) playing their unless their is rotation or injury.

Over the last few tests anyway.

Kuridrani's form has been superb but one swallow doesn't make a Summer.

He was hit and miss last year and like every other player, form comes and goes.

I agree that Kuridrani will and should retain the 13 jersey and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will stay on the wing for now but making the comment that Kuridrani has proved he's a better 13 at test level is frankly ridiculous when you're comparing him against a 100 test player.

Based on Saturday night, Leali'ifano played the best game at 12 for the Wallabies this season. I don't think many people are going to try and argue that he's proven that he's a better player than To'omua now and the position is now his.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Over the last few tests anyway.

Kuridrani's form has been superb but one swallow doesn't make a Summer.

He was hit and miss last year and like every other player, form comes and goes.

I agree that Kuridrani will and should retain the 13 jersey and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will stay on the wing for now but making the comment that Kuridrani has proved he's a better 13 at test level is frankly ridiculous when you're comparing him against a 100 test player.

Based on Saturday night, Leali'ifano played the best game at 12 for the Wallabies this season. I don't think many people are going to try and argue that he's proven that he's a better player than To'omua now and the position is now his.

Braveheart, the funny thing is he has 100 test caps and has never made an impact when playing at 13 to the level Kuridrani has. Kuridrani has done this mulitple times now against the best opposition in the world.

So I think its valid to compare to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s best Tests have been on the wing. Unfortunately his superb super xv season at 13 has not translated to the Test arena.

Lealifano is another story, Kuridrani has a season of solid performances at Test level and now a handful of MOTM performances.

I am over the moon that we now have 2 world-class 13's fighting for the position but Kuridrani is the clear front runner at the moment.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
TK has to be the first choice now, of that there is no doubt. The inside centre position is still up for grabs and I'm still a massive fan of To'omua, but Lilo should get the job for the first (real) test of the EOYT. He was so outstanding that you can't take it away from him on that basis.

Add Speight into the mix and we have a potentially devastating backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.