• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallaby 12 Conundrum

Who do you think should be the Wallaby 12?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I really hope he does, though he's been hesitant to in the past. Not sure why though, I think it offers better balance having lilo at 10 and To'omua at 12.
Its all about defence To'omua runs the Brumbies line speed, but with out risk

T

Train Without a Station

Who else has played better in 2014 that doesn't have massive weaknesses?

Nobody.

Then he deserves his spot.

Blindly trying options because "they can't be worse than To'omua" is madness because evidence of 2014 suggest not only they can, they more than likely will.

If somebody else was discovered to be a superstar at 12 it wouldn't be a genius selection. It would be a massive blind fluke.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
When fit, Matt To'omua is our 12. Even better if QC (Quade Cooper) is 10. The backups for the EOYT and leading into the RWC are Godwin and Lealiifano. For those who don't know, Lealiifano has been getting back some of his better form in the NRC games, admittedly better at 10 than 12. But 12 is where Link has him, and Link also acknowledged that Godwin would have been in the squad except for his injuries at the time. I see that Godwin also had a strong game for the Spirit against the Stars on the weekend. Can't see anyone else displacing these three as the front runners this and next year.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Have to apologise to the pony fans as I completely forgot Lilo when I started this thread. I was thinking of the various Oz S15 teams and when it came to the Brumbies my thoughts were McCabe (retired) and To'omua. Otherwise I would have selected Lilo as another of the ex-Wallaby selections (along with Taps and Finger).

Some have suggested I should have included Hunt which may be true but first lets see where Woody plays him for the Reds, same with JOC (James O'Connor).

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
you think Richard Graham should (worse would be does) have significant influence in selecting the Wallabies?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Have to apologise to the pony fans as I completely forgot Lilo when I started this thread. I was thinking of the various Oz S15 teams and when it came to the Brumbies my thoughts were McCabe (retired) and To'omua. Otherwise I would have selected Lilo as another of the ex-Wallaby selections (along with Taps and Finger).

Some have suggested I should have included Hunt which may be true but first lets see where Woody plays him for the Reds, same with JOC (James O'Connor).

Dont Apologies, I think he totally forgot him self as well this year... Best thing for him is a pre-season with out injury, but he will probably be on tour and not get the work he needs. I'd leave him and Horwill maybe others behind for a proper pre-season, not dropped just get them fit and firing.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oh and my thoughts, if everyone doesn't already know, is To'omua has all the parts of world class inside center. he just needs time (and coaching) to put it all together.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
to me he looks like his confidence is down

I never really thought of it, because naturally his such a calm player. But maybe Links given him to much to do.. kick for touch, clearance kicking basically his go to man.. plus also a 'New' position as such..

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I never really thought of it, because naturally his such a calm player. But maybe Links given him to much to do.. kick for touch, clearance kicking basically his go to man.. plus also a 'New' position as such..

Problem is there's no one else to help out atm, given Foley has a pop gun boot and Folau hasn't got much of a kicking game. He should learn from it though, and hopefully it means he'll really flourish when quade returns.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He's usually somewhat exuberant even with that sense of calm self assurance (amazing what I can read into the TV screnn) and he doesn't seem that to me

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
He's usually somewhat exuberant even with that sense of calm self assurance (amazing what I can read into the TV screnn) and he doesn't seem that to me

His celebration of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s try was pretty exuberant. First one there picking AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) up after the head high from Hougaard.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think at the end of the day we need to be picking blokes who would cause the most amount of worry for the opposition, both on attack and defence. On balance, I think To'omua, when playing to his potential, is that guy more than any of the other options.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Outside the last couple of games, To'omua is one of the first picked in the side.

On last year's EOYT, he was a revelation outside Quade. I imagine this year will be no different. Seems pretty short-sighted to forget all that in frustration after a couple of poor games outside a new halves pairing who won't be around in a month.

The real question will be who of Foley and Beale retains the bench spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.