• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC Round 1: South Africa v Australia, Sunday 21 July 1:05am AEST

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Would love to see a DHP, Hodge, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) race over 50m. Chuck JOC (James O'Connor) in there as well and lets see where he's at

Money on JOC (James O'Connor) over 50.

This showed the flaw in having Maddocks in the squad covering a kicking wing/fb which was already healthily covered by banks, hodge, beale and even JOC (James O'Connor). Poor balance. Needed another strike winger like Speight, Pulu or Naivalu.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

This showed the flaw in having Maddocks in the squad covering a kicking wing/fb which was already healthily covered by banks, hodge, beale and even JOC (James O'Connor). Poor balance. Needed another strike winger like Speight, Pulu or Naivalu.
How good would it be if one of our strike wingers learnt how to kick. Solve all our problems.

Since when did running hard and kicking become mutually exclusive?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

Hodge for me. Horrible running technique but gets the job done Eric Liddell style.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1. James Slipper (86 Tests)
2. Folau Fainga’a (7 Tests)
3. Sekope Kepu (103 Tests)
4. Izack Rodda (17 Tests)
5. Rory Arnold (19 Tests)
6. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (11 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper (c) (91 Tests)
8. Isi Naisarani*
9. Nic White (22 Tests)
10. Bernard Foley (68 Tests)
11. Reece Hodge (33 Tests)
12. Samu Kerevi (vc) (25 Tests)
13. Tevita Kuridrani (58 Tests)
14. Dane Haylett-Petty (30 Tests)
15. Tom Banks (3 Tests)

Reserves
16. Jordan Uelese (2 Tests)
17. Harry Johnson-Holmes*
18. Taniela Tupou (11 Tests)
19. Rob Simmons (94 Tests)
20. Jack Dempsey (10 Tests)
21. Will Genia (100 Tests)
22. Matt To’omua (42 Tests)
23. Kurtley Beale (83 Tests)

Kerevi as VC is interesting.

Reactions: dru

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
D_vWM5BUIAAqdEi.jpg

Mine's prettier

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bench front row lacks experience. Hope the starters can hold up their end at scrum time.
The rest is pretty much as expected. Nice to see that Banks has been rewarded. Lots of kicking to back up Foley.

AAA and Sio are a big loss but good to see how we go without them. That’s a solid looking back 5 in the pack!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Bench front row lacks experience. Hope the starters can hold up their end at scrum time.
The rest is pretty much as expected. Nice to see that Banks has been rewarded. Lots of kicking to back up Foley.

AAA and Sio are a big loss but good to see how we go without them. That’s a solid looking back 5 in the pack!

It's definitely the highlight! I'm surprised to see LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Naisarani both there, especially with those 2 locks, it's almost reverse Pooper. Worth a try though, has some serious grunt but Hooper's going to have to get through a mountain of work!

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just a minor gripe. I'd really like all international teams to adopt a common format of naming their sides in the order 1-23. I mean look at that, they go 15-1, and then 16-23. Makes zero sense!

Don't they also reverse the breakaway's numbers in contravention to convention?
(OK - flankers!)