• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial: Brumbies v. Force this Friday in Darwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. Ben Alexander (replaced by Ruaidhri Murphy)
2. Stephen Moore (replaced by Siliva Siliva)
3. Dan Palmer (replaced by Ruan Smith)
4. Scott Fardy (replaced by Etienne Oosthuizen)
5. Sam Carter (replaced by Leon Power)
6. Peter Kimlin (replaced by Tim Cree)
7. David Pocock (replaced by Jordan Smiler)
8. Ben Mowen (replaced by Fotu Auelua)
9. Nic White (replaced by Ian Prior)
10. Matt To'omua (replaced by Zack Holmes)
11. Clyde Rathbone (replaced by Tom Cox)
12. Christian Lealiifano (replaced by Jordan Rapana)
13. Andrew Smith (replaced by Tevita Kuridrani)
14. Henry Speight (replaced by Stephan Van Der Walt)
15. Jesse Mogg (replaced by Robbie Coleman)

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies very lucky to win that. Force missed a long range penalty on full time.

A couple of points from the game.

1/ Rathbone looked really good.
2/ Sam Carter played a blinder
3/ Force were not afraid to have a run from deep within their own territory.
4/ MMM survived the game and looked good.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
How did the force backline look and go? I would guess they took a bit of time to gel given the brums scored 17 of their points in the first 20

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
How did the force backline look and go? I would guess they took a bit of time to gel given the brums scored 17 of their points in the first 20

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Typical first game of the year being scrappy. Brumbies conceded an early 3 to the Force then had the run of the first half. Force had stuff all posession and Territory. MMM scored for the Force in the first half but I think McCalman may of got the credit. I am positive it was MMM though.

Force came alive in the second half and had a real crack with some enterprising counter attack when they weren't pressuring the Brumbies line. They had the lions share of territory in the second half. It rained in the final quarter and that did not stop the Forces attacking mindset.

Force backline went ok. That CSM fella does look the goods.

For the Brumbies, Kudrani played 13 and looked quite damaging. He fitted in well. Ben Mowen. is looking significantly bigger than last year. Pocock copped some niggle during the game but was solid in his first run with the Brumbies. Noodles had a good game at 6. Sam Carter was the standout for me. He looks to have added body mass but shit he was good with ball in hand and had a very high work load. My man of the match without doubt.

I think the Force actually had the better of the game and it looks positive for you Force fans. Brumbies have some work to do but without doubt the bar has been set higher for them than the Force. Jake White was coaching from behind the goal line near where we were and he is probably an intense character at the best of times he didn't look happy with his teams performance. He seems very encouraging of his players though and fairly vocal.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did the Force make many changes for the second half though?

I noticed that Mathewson was still on in the second half.........

The Brumbies removed their entire starting XV which would also contribute to the second half drop off.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sam Carter was the standout for me. He looks to have added body mass but shit he was good with ball in hand and had a very high work load. My man of the match without doubt.

I still don't understand how he was overlooked for that massive Wallabies training camp before the Welsh tests last year.........

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Did the Force make many changes for the second half though?

I noticed that Mathewson was still on in the second half...

The Brumbies removed their entire starting XV which would also contribute to the second half drop off...

Not wholesale like the Brumbies but yes they did.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Brumbies removed their entire starting XV which would also contribute to the second half drop off...

Brumbies optimism :)

Force optimism would be: The Force fielded a side without a lot of experience playing together compared to a very stable Brumbies starting line-up. It took them about 20 minutes to click.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I'm happy with that. That's a good looking brumby team to lose too. Still got some good names to come into the side

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Force looked like they grew in confidence as the game went on. Make no excuses for the Brumbies and give the Force the credit they deserve.

No excuses here.........

The way I see the result is that the Brumbies first team won the first half and their second team were defeated in the second......

It's hard to tell how it all played out without watching it or knowing the makeup of the opposition.

Happy to come out with a win, but wouldn't have cared either way as long as there's no injuries.

I think both teams would be happy in the end.........

Personally I'm more interested in the makeup of the Brumbies team. It looks as though Kimlin will get to start over Fotu, and based on his form in the latter part of 2012 and how we apparently went in the trial I'm satisfied with that choice.

However, I do feel that Fotu contributes more in the early stages of the game.........

M

Moono75

A good hitout for the team. Force still have the HB to come into the team which will make a differnce. Sounds like they had a chance to pinch the game with some better kicking. Gotta make sure they keep games tight at the start and not have to keep playing catchup rugby. Did Tupou end up playing fullback? There was some talk about trying him there this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.