• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial: Brumbies v. Force this Friday in Darwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Have not seen the match, so hard to comment.
Anyway, based on previous comments here:

. congrats to the Force for the match played, hopefully it will continue and we'll have a more competitive Aus conference - great for all concerned (except NZ and RSA, of course). It looks llike MMM will have an
inportant impact, a great swap for Sharpe. Don't despair about Sharpe & Pocock - the Reds had to wait for Barnes to go to win it - sometime team chemistry works in weird ways. The Force may end up playing
for the finals, just like the Brums last year.
. Rathbone's experience and steel are a perfect fit for this 2013 Brumbies squad
. agree on Sam Carter - even last year he impressed me throughout the season with his performances - don't understand why he does not even get a mention as a potential Wallaby
. Lilo should play at 10. He's the best 10 in the squad and he should be selected there. All the rest is balone. S15 is really about winning, and then the rest.
. the result in these matches has zero importance - what matters is how teams play and combinations work.
. no injuries on either side - outstanding.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Western Force coach Michael Foley produced a couple of surprises in his new-look back line in the 20-18 pre-season trial loss to the ACT Brumbies in Darwin on Friday.
Foley, in his first game at the helm, played centre-winger Will Tupou at full-back and shifted Paddy Dellit, who had played only full-back or outside centre for the Force, to one wing and Alfie Mafi, who had an outstanding season last year at No.15, to the other.

More here from the West

This article finally gave a bit of info on who played where for the Force

M

Moono75

This article finally gave a bit of info on who played where for the Force
Hope Foley sticks with his combinations for the Force's second trial against the Tongan invitational side. From the article it talks about being a bit rusty in the first 20 so some continuity would be great heading into the season. Really want to have a great hit out against the Rebels in round 1 and start the season with a win.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Thanks, D-Box - hey, I reckon I was pretty close!

i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
1 Pek Cowan
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
2 Nathan Charles
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
3 Salesi Ma’afu
jUWNO7AfizP30.png
4 Sam Wykes Hugh McMeniman
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
5 Toby Lynn
jUWNO7AfizP30.png
6 Hugh McMeniman Richard Brown
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
7 Matt Hodgson (c)
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
8 Ben McCalman

i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
9 Alby Mathewson
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
10 Sias Ebersohn
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
11 Patrick Dellit
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
12 Jayden Hayward ║
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
Kyle Godwin
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
13 Chris Tuatara-Morrison
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
14 Alfie Mafi
i0ob2ylG5SNnh.gif
15 Will Tupou

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
After watching that I want to start a fan petition to send Ma'fu north now. Didn't even try in the lead up to the second Brumby try. I say him miss another easy tackle later as well!

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
MMM has already scored as many tries at the Force as he did at the Reds.
It's probably a good thing it was only a trial & that final kick didn't go over as at least 5 or 6 Force players were in front of the kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.