• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial - Rebels vs Waratahs - Saturday 1 February 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
whats the issue with him playing at Randwick?
Its only "TBC": he may still go there so it was more a comment that at least he is considering alternatives to one of the "Big 2" supposedly stand alone in 3rd tier clubs.
He didnt start there.
They have a 10 on contract with the Tahs.
There are clubs with no Tahs who could use his level of public interest.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Munro just filling a weak spot at Randwick last year, Very Handy Back Rower but yeah not tall enough for row, also only 21

I heard he may be playing #6 this year - he has also played at #8 for the Wicks. Won the Wicks best & fairest so must have done something right - Club profile has him at 192cm.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
So, how does he compare in height with Potgeiter? He's 194 I believe, and supposedly slotted for a lock position.

Cheika wants Potgeiter at lock to improve the tight five physicality. Its a brave call (in the Sir Humphrey Appleby definition) to only have one tall lock, though Brad Thorn only jumped occasionally and was there to provide the steel in the tight for NZ and he went OK. But we would be looking for another jumping lock to round out the squad I would think.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Cheika wants Potgeiter at lock to improve the tight five physicality. Its a brave call (in the Sir Humphrey Appleby definition) to only have one tall lock, though Brad Thorn only jumped occasionally and was there to provide the steel in the tight for NZ and he went OK. But we would be looking for another jumping lock to round out the squad I would think.

It effectively rules Skelton (not a classic jumper) out of starting though, doesn't it? They can't be on the field at the same time, at least not to start the game.

You need at least 2 really good jumpers and 2 okay jumpers in a professional team. A 6 or 8 that has great aerial skills (Reid for example) can cover for a lock who's only okay at jumping (Thorne).

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Its only "TBC": he may still go there so it was more a comment that at least he is considering alternatives to one of the "Big 2" supposedly stand alone in 3rd tier clubs.
He didnt start there.
They have a 10 on contract with the Tahs.
There are clubs with no Tahs who could use his level of public interest.
I would hardly put Randwick in the "Big 2" in the last decade. Well and truely out of the top 4, with manly, eastwood,southern districts and others having significantly more super players. Agree re uni though ;)

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
It effectively rules Skelton (not a classic jumper) out of starting though, doesn't it? They can't be on the field at the same time, at least not to start the game.

You need at least 2 really good jumpers and 2 okay jumpers in a professional team. A 6 or 8 that has great aerial skills (Reid for example) can cover for a lock who's only okay at jumping (Thorne).
Hoiles hasnt got a contract but is n accomplished jumper

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I would hardly put Randwick in the "Big 2" in the last decade. Well and truely out of the top 4, with manly, eastwood,southern districts and others having significantly more super players. Agree re uni though ;)

Hmmm - well from what I hear they've been punching well above their weight in terms of influencing the ARU in re the NRC

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Hoiles is playing for a contract, this is a job interview for him! Hope he goes well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The coverage is really poor, any one there want to post some updates? Just heard Inman scored a try.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The coverage is really poor, any one there want to post some updates? Just heard Inman scored a try.

Really poor is an understatement. Buffering and distortion make it really hard to listen and I keep hearing bits of it on repeat. The commentator is more interested in the "colour" commentary than describing what's happening. Latest score I got was 12-5 Waratahs with a kick by McKibben to come. Its so hard to listen to that I am not sure that I heard correctly.

Rebels just scored a second try.

Status
Not open for further replies.