• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial - Reds V Chiefs @ Toowoomba Sat 8th Feb 7:40pm (AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Notable players missing from the squad due to injury(?) / virus(?): Hanson, Beau, Lucas, Ant.

Interesting selections: Taps at 13, Turner at 11, Toua at 15, Davies and CFS on the bench.

Daley gets the nod ahead of Holmes at LHP. Is Daley finally injury free again?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Notable players missing from the squad due to injury(?) / virus(?): Hanson, Beau, Lucas, Ant.

Interesting selections: Taps at 13, Turner at 11, Toua at 15, Davies and CFS on the bench.

Daley gets the nod ahead of Holmes at LHP. Is Daley finally injury free again?

Daley seems to be the king of the off season. He will need to hold up at scrum time if he want the spot.

T

tranquility

Spindle was obviously an attacking fullback himself so I can imagine he has a preference for the same for this team. Would LOVE to see Aidos hit his straps and make the position his own.

Could so easily happen as well. He just needs 5 games in a row to find his feet, and then look out.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Could so easily happen as well. He just needs 5 games in a row to find his feet, and then look out.

yeah, I'm half inclined to want to have Spindle just say "Aidan, your in the team for the first 6 weeks - just play your game" and see what happens so he doesn't have the uncertainty of week to week. Subject to injury of course.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am not surprised at Ant missing. I was talking to him in October & he didn't think he was likly to make the start of the season as his shoulder was worse than thought when the surgeon got in there. I think he said 8 months which I think would be about March/April.

T

tranquility

Although in saying all of this I'd be happy with Turner at the back too. He would enjoy coming into the line and being feed by Quade. From memory he has a handy kick as well.

Absolutely.

Turner is your safe as houses type fullback, very ala Peter Hynes.

I think Aidan could be a genuine lynch pin from the back. Wait and see I suppose.

T

TOCC

Surprising that they have included Jonah, given last year he was sitting with his schoolmates watching the same game

T

Tigers Tale

Jonah is a star in the making - do I need remind anyone that on top of his classy try in the QPR GF 2013 he also charged down a conversion from in front of the posts at a crucial stage of the game. Don't worry he can tackle too.

Having watched him at the end of last season for the tigers - he just has great game sense.

It will be great for his development to involve him in this game - well done to Spindle Graham for giving him a taste.

Who knows he might even take the #15 from Aidos - that would be really cruel on Dos though.

Go Dos!!

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
twitterpics

iToViJMXXnV4b.jpg

toowoomba.png

Clear sky afternoon and should be around 20 degrees by evening kickoff. Good for a rugby trial.

[twitter=Reds v Blues]from:Reds_Rugby OR from:ChiefsRugby[/twitter]

T

tranquility

Updates please, anyone is at the game. Cheers in advance

T

tranquility

Based on the twitter feed, we sound like we are white hot.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
The Chiefs didn't run on their best players until the game was already lost. Cruden can't have played more than 15 mins.

The Reds all look very, very fit - they look leaner than the last couple of years. (Might have been the lights).

Reds line out was very impressive.

When the Chiefs turned in on, I thought they looked more dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Status
Not open for further replies.