• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial - Reds V Chiefs @ Toowoomba Sat 8th Feb 7:40pm (AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Haha. inferior complex - doesnt mean my statement is any less true - And if the colonial powers want to settle in one of the islands in the pacific - rape and pillage the locals, take away their land and resources and install their own laws. Its the queens fault

Ha ha, we both got fucked over by the mother land but how does that explain why they flock over here in droves. They are like the Irish of the Southern Hemisphere. They tell you how proud they are but there are more of them outside the country than within it.

Insert disclaimer here - THIS POST IS MEANT IN GOOD SPIRIT AND IS NOT DESIGNED WITH THE INTENT OF OFFENDING ANYBODY. MY APPOLOGIES TO ANYBODY IN ADVANCE IF I HAVE CAUSED OFFENCE.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I support Manu Samoa, we're bottom of the heap and that fine - not any of the colonial powers - so infact your observations dont really apply in this situation. And its a real stretch of ur imagination to claim any Aussie of note has played any significant role in the current ABs than the reverse (with the Wobblies). So I'd keep some of that pity in the hope it may inspire a credible retort.haha
You may be at the bottom of the heap but you're clearly not fine about the whole situation. You seem to have a pretty big chip on your shoulder about it actually.
My observations do apply still though, that was the whole point. That the situation of players being eligible to play for a number of different countries is a growing situation. Whether there's one player or 15 in a side from another country matters not. But you're going to see it more and more and it would be a very small mind that would use this fact to denigrate one nation whilst ignore the fact that it happens elsewhere. Even in the powerhouse that is NZ.
Lastly. It's the Wallabies. Not the Wobblies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BDA

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Ha ha, we both got fucked over by the mother land but how does that explain why they flock over here in droves. They are like the Irish of the Southern Hemisphere. They tell you how proud they are but there are more of them outside the country than within it.

Insert disclaimer here - THIS POST IS MEANT IN GOOD SPIRIT AND IS NOT DESIGNED WITH THE INTENT OF OFFENDING ANYBODY. MY APPOLOGIES TO ANYBODY IN ADVANCE IF I HAVE CAUSED OFFENCE.

Phar Lap, Sam Neill, Russell Crow, Crowded House, Keith Urban have been Aussies for how long?....hahaha
You may be at the bottom of the heap but you're clearly not fine about the whole situation. You seem to have a pretty big chip on your shoulder about it actually.
My observations do apply still though, that was the whole point. That the situation of players being eligible to play for a number of different countries is a growing situation. Whether there's one player or 15 in a side from another country matters not. But you're going to see it more and more and it would be a very small mind that would use this fact to denigrate one nation whilst ignore the fact that it happens elsewhere. Even in the powerhouse that is NZ.
Lastly. It's the Wallabies. Not the Wobblies.

I've got a chip on my shoulder now... relax, on the greater scheme of things, the Wobblies are just a sports team among hundreds of thousands - Dont go near the light.... Scoey - Its just a game....
Yes players play wherever - who cares - In the frame of cross-Tasman rivalry - NZs are taking over and their increasing representation in the top tiers of Australian rugby is where I was rubbing it in.... Get a clue - And until you play some good consistent footy that includes winning the Bledisloe, its Wobblies... And losing to Scotland - Its an automatic 5yr branding. haha

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I've got a chip on my shoulder now. relax, on the greater scheme of things, the Wobblies are just a sports team among hundreds of thousands - Dont go near the light.. Scoey - Its just a game..
Yes players play wherever - who cares - In the frame of cross-Tasman rivalry - NZs are taking over and their increasing representation in the top tiers of Australian rugby is where I was rubbing it in.. Get a clue - And until you play some good consistent footy that includes winning the Bledisloe, its Wobblies. And losing to Scotland - Its an automatic 5yr branding. haha
All this because you missed the AB fan texting in the photo and didn't get the joke. We're done.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Don't worry Beefcake. Now we are claiming Canadians that don't want to give up their business interests as proud Aussies.

Who?

Frank Row (1)
Coppers done good! They lost, 34-12. But they controlled probably the first 50-60 minutes, they kept the game much tighter than last year. As in, width. I heard a few of them talking before the game, they remembered that the loss in 2013 was on the scale it was (think they had 49 or so put on them? It's been 12 months...) came down to the pace the Downs boys had. So they managed to keep the ball in tight and play through the middle. They actually scored first, and were 7-0 up. They were trailing at 60 minutes, but were still (theoretically) within range, Downs managed to spread the margin as the extra fitness that comes with being a developed rep team (as opposed to a group of blokes who met in the sheds an hour before the game) showed through.

So, a loss, but certainly no shame in it.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
All this because you missed the AB fan texting in the photo and didn't get the joke. We're done.

Train left the station long time ago...haha - Cheer up atleast the reds look the goods & so does the Australian rugby in general :)
Don't worry Beefcake. Now we are claiming Canadians that don't want to give up their business interests as proud Aussies.

On that tone, we'd all be in the choir singing "star spangled banner", bloody WTO & the wranglings to secure the UN security seat sealed it

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Does anyone know how many minutes Ihaia West played?
Yep I was at game, Ihaia played about 60 minutes, and to be honest looked slightly out of his depth, and that not being to harsh on him, still think he will come through and be a pretty competent S15 player in a year or so.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Seems Graham is looking at Taps at outside centre. With Fainga'a also in the mix, I doubt Kerevi's injury will affect early-season plans too much. But hopefully he wont be sidelined for long.​

Status
Not open for further replies.