• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TYS Wallaby Player of the Year v FRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
3 Smith
2 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
1 Gits

Last one could have gone to Moore, Mumm, Sharpe, Brown or Robbo

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
3. Smith - freak
2. Australia's defensive work
1. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

those who should lose points:
luke burgess - has was terrible
Barnes - other then that try he has useless
Gits: should have been more commanding with his position, didn't do his job

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
3 Robinson
2 Smith
1 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Louie, you're a tough marker. Giteau scored all 22 points. Something does seem missing in midfield though.

Burgess was superb, his workrate immense. As expected the French made life tough for him at the breakdown. Our structure fell apart when he went off.

Mumm has really disappointed. I reckon Pocock did more work in his 20 minutes than Mumm did in 80.

S

Spook

:mumm: - I suck.

3. Smith
2. Gits
1. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Scotty

David Codey (61)
3 Smith
2 Robinson
1 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Honourable mention to Turner who continues to develop and is starting to be a real weapon for the Wallabies.

Amazing we could win with average performances (in attack, not defense) from both Giteau and Barnes.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
3 Benn Robinson
1 Smith

Players who were shit

-3 Dean Mumm
-2 Berrick Barnes
-1 Ben Alexander

Pocock is a champion I'd be happy to start Smith & Pocock if we have a #8 who can jump.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
disco said:
3 Benn Robinson
1 Smith

Players who were shit

-3 Dean Mumm
-2 Berrick Barnes
-1 Ben Alexander

Pocock is a champion I'd be happy to start Smith & Pocock if we have a #8 who can jump.
Mumm and Barnes were hardly shit. Shit was O'Gara for the Lions. Mumm is never spectacular, and just does solid work. I must have missed all his howling errors last night. What did he do that was "shit"? Barnes stuffed some kicks, but defended well, and dished a beautiful ball for Giteau's try. I accept neither were candidates for MOM, but shit?? More to the point, what did Pocock do that was notably champion-like in comparison?

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
As a 6 Mumm is a Cockbain rather than a Elsom. He grafts away and while might not look spectacular he does alot of valuable work. Last night was probably the worst game Ive seen him play as he missed a tackle or two and dropped a ball or two but I still consider him a valuable member of the 22.

3 :robinson:
2 Smith
1 Moore

T

TOCC

I thought Barnes was quite good last night, maybe not so much in his kicking game, but in attack and defence he was going pretty well and was strong in support

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
the gambler said:
As a 6 Mumm is a Cockbain rather than a Elsom. He grafts away and while might not look spectacular he does alot of valuable work. Last night was probably the worst game Ive seen him play as he missed a tackle or two and dropped a ball or two but I still consider him a valuable member of the 22.

I've been championing Mumm for blindside for ages now so its hurts to admit that he simply looks lost out there. Playing so much at lock seems to have hurt his positional sense. Its notable that while Mumm is simply jogging around the field Horwill and Sharpe are making tackles. He is a passenger at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.