• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
We'll have to change the name of this thread soon because that was a rather Australian result from the Blues.

Oof.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would of been pretty surprised if the Blues had won, and will be surprised if they win next week.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
C'mon Dismal, that's gotta be worth that epic Hitler parody you've been working on these past few years..
ha, caption generator is busted. if anyone knows of another one.....

Blues went really well considering that was a team of fulltime rugby professionals they were playing against.

Not a bad effort for 3 AB's and 12 random dudes who were picked up by the team bus from outside the Kingsland takeaways at lunchtime and had never played rugby before.

"Guyz, I don't know how but somehow we've got yet another halftime lead and its pissing down but with the wind behind us in the 2nd half, how about we play ball in hand inside our OWN half instead of kicking it downtown, yeah, the Argies won't be expecting that, element of surprise, then, in the driving rain, inside our own half, we'll try lots and lots of short passes at the gainline in heavy traffic, in the pouring rain, yeah, that ought to work well, those passes always stick, the seas will part and the passes will all stick in the torrential storm weather, GO BLUEZ."

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Oh SHIT. Kick to win after the siren..

Commentator putting the curse on.

WOW! It's over! Out of jail.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez that was a tight and bloody good game, there was nothing between them, thought the Bulls had timed their last try to perfection, but Lima.....!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Watched a club game with Nic reffing last week WOB, I think he got the makings of good ref, still fairly green but.....

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ yeah & that's what bothers me, he seems to lose the plot in high-pressure situations. I just don't think he's yet up to refing what could easily turn out to be a GF match up.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs: Charlie Ngatai (c), Toni Pulu, Anton Lienert-Brown, Alex Nankivell, Solomon Alaimalo, Damian McKenzie, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Liam Messam, Sam Cane (co-c), Lachlan Boshier/Luke Jacobson, Tyler Ardron, Michael Allardice, Angus Ta'avao, Liam Polwart, Karl Tu'inukuafe. Reserves: Nathan Harris, Sam Prattley, Jeff Thwaites, Luke Jacobson/Jesse Parete, Pita Gus Sowakula, Brad Weber, Marty McKenzie, Levi Aumua.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes were always gunna have to leave a quality outside back out've the 23 but I thought it would be JSav not Aso:

Hurricanes: Jordie Barrett, Julian Savea, Matt Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Beauden Barrett, Finlay Christie, Gareth Evans, Ardie Savea, Brad Shields (c), Michael Fatialofa, Vaea Fifita, Jeff To'omaga-Allen, Ricky Riccitelli, Toby Smith. Reserves: James O'Reilly, Chris Eves, Ben May, Sam Lousi, Reed Prinsep, Jamie Booth, Ihaia West, Nehe Milner-Skudder.

Seeing Lousi on the bench reminds me that he re-signed for 2019 earlier in the week.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hurricanes were always gunna have to leave a quality outside back out've the 23 but I thought it would be JSav not Aso:

Hurricanes: Jordie Barrett, Julian Savea, Matt Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Beauden Barrett, Finlay Christie, Gareth Evans, Ardie Savea, Brad Shields (c), Michael Fatialofa, Vaea Fifita, Jeff To'omaga-Allen, Ricky Riccitelli, Toby Smith. Reserves: James O'Reilly, Chris Eves, Ben May, Sam Lousi, Reed Prinsep, Jamie Booth, Ihaia West, Nehe Milner-Skudder.

Seeing Lousi on the bench reminds me that he re-signed for 2019 earlier in the week.

It's because hes in my draft team.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ you really are having a shit run with 'canes players in your draft team, aren't you? My advice: pick CruSadists instead :)

Jaguares: Joaquin Tuculet (c), Ramiro Moyano, Matias Orlando, Jeronimo de la Fuente, Emiliano Boffelli, Nicolas Sanchez, Gonzalo Bertranou, Javier Ortega Desio, Marcos Kremer, Tomas Lezana, Tomas Lavanini, Guido Petti, Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Julian Montoya, Santiago Garcia Botta. Reserves: Agustin Creevy, Javier Diaz, Santiago Medrano, Matias Alemanno, Leonardo Senatore, Martin Landajo, Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias, Juan Cruz Mallia.

Venue is Rotorua's International Stadium, opened in 1973 & last I heard in need of some TLC as the sulphur has compromised the exposed steel work & caused some of the reinforcing to break the concrete it's meant to be holding together. Can't fathom why they're going there instead of Tauranga which has getting on for three times the population & way better facilities inside the ground & much more for people to do post-match.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
^^^^^^ yeah & that's what bothers me, he seems to lose the plot in high-pressure situations. I just don't think he's yet up to refing what could easily turn out to be a GF match up.
Almost makes sense as a neutral appointment until you release Gardner is running the line for the tahs blues game and would be a much better fit.

I guess the flip side is you have to give these guys the experience sometime or they won't ever be up to it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lions: 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Ruan Combrinck, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Nic Groom, 8 Kwagga Smith, 7 Cyle Brink, 6 Marnus Schoeman, 5 Franco Mostert (captain), 4 Lourens Erasmus, 3 Jacobie Adriaanse, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Dylan Smith. Substitutes: 16 Robbie Coetzee, 17 Ruan Dreyer, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Marvin Orie, 20 Hacjivah Dayimani, 21 Ashlon Davids, 22 Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 23 Sylvian Mahuza

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sharks: 15 Curwin Bosch, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Robert du Preez, 9 Cameron Wright, 8 Daniel du Preez, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Philip van der Walt, 5 Ruan Botha (captain), 4 Tyler Paul, 3 Thomas du Toit, 2 Akker van der Merwe, 1 Tendai Mtawarira. Substitutes: 16 Franco Marais, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 Ross Geldenhuys, 19 Stephan Lewies, 20 Jacques Vermeulen, 21 Louis Schreuder, 22 Marius Louw, 23 Lwazi Mvovo

Highlanders: 15 Ben Smith (co-captain), 14 Waisake Naholo, 13 Rob Thompson, 12 Teihorangi Walden, 11 Patelesio Tomkinson, 10 Lima Sopoaga, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Luke Whitelock, 7 Dillon Hunt, 6 Shannon Frizell, 5 Tom Franklin, 4 Alex Ainley, 3 Tyrel Lomax, 2 Liam Coltman, 1 Aki Seiuli. Substitutes: 16 Ash Dixon (co-captain), 17 Daniel Lienert-Brown, 18 Kalolo Tuiloma, 19 Jackson Hemopo, 20 Elliot Dixon, 21 Kayne Hammington, 22 Josh Ioane, 23 Matt Faddes/Josh McKay

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
100th Super Rugby cap for Siya Kolisi:

Stormers: 15 SP Marais, 14 Dillyn Leyds, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Damian Willemse, 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Kobus van Dyk, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4 Chris van Zyl, 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Ramone Samuels, 1 Steven Kitshoff. Substitutes: 16 Scarra Ntubeni, 17 JC Janse van Rensburg, 18 Frans Malherbe, 19 Cobus Wiese, 20 Nizaam Carr, 21 Paul de Wet, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Seabelo Senatla

Bulls: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Johnny Kotze, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Burger Odendaal (captain), 11 Divan Rossouw/Travis Ismaiel, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Andre Warner, 8 Thembelani Bholi/Marco van Staden, 7 Jason Jenkins/Thembelani Bholi, 6 Marco van Staden/Roelof Smit, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 RG Snyman, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Lizo Gqoboka. Substitutes (from): Jaco Visagie, Frans van Wyk/Nqobisiwe Mxoli, Conrad van Vuuren, Hendre Stassen/Roelof Smit, Ivan van Zyl, Manie Libbok, Divan Rossouw/Travis Ismaiel