• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Tough to watch this refereeing. Wasn't a player anywhere near him how could he be held. Not to mention the lottery of who he wants to penalize at scrum time. ugh.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How good is Kwagga Smith? Gotta be the smallest 6 in the comp (yeah I know he wears 7 but they do things differently in Sethfricka, shit there was a time the 6 wore 4) but he's just a tackling & carrying machine: kinda like Arnie or Sly without the 'roids.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Horrorcanes should close it out from here. Really looking forward to Monday's Hurld explaination as to why Lam can't play 11 for AB v France.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Far out, the woeful refereeing continues. Somebody teach these daft bastards where the head is on the body. It's becoming disgraceful.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Sharks on fire. Highlanders have been making stupid mistakes all game.

Interested to see how that Sharks scrum gets refereed outside of SA. Don't think there's been a straight push yet. Flankers joining the front row..

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Twerible blow that Marx is injured. From our vantage you can be assured every perskn in this ckuntry that follows rugby is hurt because of his absence now going into the June intls.

Good game by the Sharks. Highlanders one foot on the plane planning for a catfight in Dunedin.

Lions to win next weekend's game and the SA conference to heat beyond boiling.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Far out, the woeful refereeing continues. Somebody teach these daft bastards where the head is on the body. It's becoming disgraceful.

WR (World Rugby)'s problem I think WOB. They have issued the edict that anything over the shoulder is high and has to be penalised. Many over the shoulder tackles go nowhere near the head, and should be allowed to play on. This interpretation of a dangerous tackle has gone against just about every team in every game I've watched this year. Time for a change.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Something interesting, all four SA sides are in the top 5 for tries scored. So we just need to work out defense and things will improve for us.

_TRIES.JPG

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Blues named for game vs Canes.

Papalii is out but in better news SBW, Ofa T and Nanai are back.

15. Matt Duffie, 14. Rieko Ioane, 13. Orbyn Leger, 12. Sonny Bill Williams, 11. Caleb Clarke, 10. Stephen Perofeta, 9. Augustine Pulu (c) ; 8. Akira Ioane, 7. Murphy Taramai, 6. Jerome Kaino, 5. Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 4. Patrick Tuipulotu, 3. Ofa Tuungafasi, 2. James Parsons, 1. Ross Wright.

Reserves: 16. Matt Moulds, 17. Pauliasi Manu, 18. Sione Mafileo, 19. Ben Nee-Nee or Lyndon Dunshea, 20. Kara Pryor, 21. Jonathan Ruru or Sam Nock, 22. Dan Kirkpatrick, 23 Melani Nanai.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Blues are starting to get afew back and maybe a little harder to knock over in next few weeks, haven't looked at there schedule, but I wouldn't be getting to cocky against them in a few weeks.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
TJP & JBar back, Aso out & likely to miss some weeks with a wrist injury:

Hurricanes: Nehe Milner-Skudder, Julian Savea, Matt Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Beauden Barrett, Finlay Christie, Gareth Evans, Ardie Savea, Brad Shields (c), Sam Lousi, Vaea Fifita, Jeff To;omaga-Allen, Ricky Riccitelli, Toby Smith. Reserves: James O'Reilly, Chris Eves, Ben May, Michael Fatialofa, Blade Thomson, TJ Perenara, Ihaia West, Jordie Barrett.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...o-worse-for-hurricanes-utility-back-vince-aso

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Blues are starting to get afew back and maybe a little harder to knock over in next few weeks, haven't looked at there schedule, but I wouldn't be getting to cocky against them in a few weeks.

Blues play Canes then Crusaders at Eden Park, then Rebels and Reds at Eden Park, then away to Canes and Crusaders to finish.

It's worth noting the Ioanes both need to be rested from 2 games still. My guess is it will be the last two games.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
then away to Canes and Crusaders to finish.
with both these sides gearing up for playoff mode, and manoeuvring for their probable eventual final match up, these 2 games could get medieval for the Blues.
It's worth noting the Ioanes both need to be rested from 2 games still. My guess is it will be the last two games.
some brilliant game management from Tana there. Having played every minute of the season, Akira pretty much ran out of puff about 1 and a half games ago

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
if the finals line up at
1 NZ
2 SA/Aust
3 SA/Aust
4 NZ
then I suppose none of the NZ teams will want to be 5, because one will definitely be out, Highlanders v Hurricanes v Chiefs - tough gig but can a SA team , maybe Stormers slot themselves in there?
6 NZ
7 NZ
8 no hope for Blues now I don't think, so either SA or Aust. Very difficult to calibrate the tank.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
if the finals line up at
1 NZ
2 SA/Aust
3 SA/Aust
4 NZ
then I suppose none of the NZ teams will want to be 5, because one will definitely be out, Highlanders v Hurricanes v Chiefs - tough gig but can a SA team , maybe Stormers slot themselves in there?
6 NZ
7 NZ
8 no hope for Blues now I don't think, so either SA or Aust. Very difficult to calibrate the tank.
You seem to have forgotten about the Jaguares.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ASmith given the first of the two weekends he has to sit out per the Collective:

Highlanders: Ben Smith (co-captain), Waisake Naholo, Rob Thompson, Tei Walden, Tevita Nabura, Lima Sopoaga, Kayne Hammington, Luke Whitelock, James Lentjes, Elliot Dixon, Tom Franklin, Alex Ainley, Tyrel Lomax, Liam Coltman, Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Ash Dixon (cc), Aki Seiuli, Kalolo Tuiloma, Josh Dickson, Marino Mikaele-Tu'u, Josh Renton, Josh Ioane, Sio Tomkinson

Mauger has three weeks in which to give Smith & Naholo their second week off, could be quite the juggling act.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
ASmith given the first of the two weekends he has to sit out per the Collective:

Highlanders: Ben Smith (co-captain), Waisake Naholo, Rob Thompson, Tei Walden, Tevita Nabura, Lima Sopoaga, Kayne Hammington, Luke Whitelock, James Lentjes, Elliot Dixon, Tom Franklin, Alex Ainley, Tyrel Lomax, Liam Coltman, Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Ash Dixon (cc), Aki Seiuli, Kalolo Tuiloma, Josh Dickson, Marino Mikaele-Tu'u, Josh Renton, Josh Ioane, Sio Tomkinson

Mauger has three weeks in which to give Smith & Naholo their second week off, could be quite the juggling act.
Could just one week go by where a kiwi bloke doesn't root my draft team?