• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Re: Dismal's point about resting the Ioane Bros, does the bye count? Either way I wouldn't bother playing them next week unless Shag wants them to & if the bye doesn't count there's probably not much point playing them v Rebs, either.

Meh. If they're going to skip one of the Crusaders matches let it be the one in Christchurch, and allow the actual Blues fans to see them in action. Unless the Chiefs or Highlanders lose first, they'll also definitely be playing against the Rebels and Reds. I can only imagine the cluster f*ck that would arise should the Blues be the ones to lose to an Australian side, at home no less.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ they have to take their rest weeks before the June test window so IF the bye counts as one then, yes, maybe there's a case for playing v CruSadists & resting v Rebs.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
They have to take them before June? That sucks. In that case, just ignore Hansen the Hutt. What's he gonna do? Send Boba?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ AFAIK it's in the Collective so it's not so much Shag they have to worry about as RUPA & the Employment Court......

At this point I'd rate the 'canes slight favorites to win the Conference but it's gunna be tight!

Actually it's probably not going to be tight at all: even if the 'canes lose in Cheechee they should still rack up 60-64 points, we need 4/4 & some bonus points just to hit 60. Someone else (I'm looking at you, Tribe) needs to help us out here......

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Crusaders degree of difficulty somewhere above 'canes but below Tribe or Clan IMO:

R14: Blues (A)
R15: Hurricanes (H & must-win)
R16: Chiefs (A)
June window
R17: BYE
R18: Highlanders (H)
R19: Blues (H)

At this point I'd rate the 'canes slight favorites to win the Conference but it's gunna be tight!

I'd rate the Crusaders run home to be easier than the Canes WOB.

Both have,

Blues (H),
Chiefs (A)
Highlanders (H), then,

Cru at home to Canes - easier for the Cru.

Bye for Cru easier than Reds or Brumbies.

Blues (A) for Cru maybe similar to Brumbies (A) for Canes.

Only this last match up could be said to perhaps favour the Canes. Otherwise, all equal or in favour of the Cru.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^ you don't get points for the Bye so they've gotta somehow get ahead of the 'canes but with one less game in which to do it. As above, it's not gunna be enough to just beat the 'canes, someone else needs to as well.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
But the bye is not a disadvantage in itself. The Canes have had to cope with their two byes already. But I see your point. Almost certain 4 or 5 points to the Canes v the Reds is better in the run home than zero points for the bye to the Cru. If the Cru cannot beat the Canes at home (and I think it is eminently possible) then the Caners will almost certainly finish on top.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ Abso-diddly-lutly & while I'd back them to win an away SF in Wellywood it's obviously better to avoid that scenario & play it at home (I'm assuming they finish top & fourth therefore would meet in SF1).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Who the Chiefs are missing v Sharks:
Aidan Ross (ankle)
Kane Hames (concussion/ABs camp)
Mitchell Graham (leg)
Nathan Harris (ABs camp)
Atu Moli (quad hematoma/ABs camp)
Nepo Laulala (arm/ABs camp)
Brodie Retallick (ABs camp)
Fin Hoeata (shoulder)
Dominic Bird (shoulder)
Mitchell Brown (knee)
Lachlan Boshier (appendicitis)
Sam Cane (abdominal/ABs camp)
Mitchell Karpik (concussion)
Taleni Seu (back)
Damian McKenzie (ABs camp)
Tiaan Falcon (hand)
Anton Lienert-Brown (ABs camp)
Regan Verney (groin)
Sam McNicol (concussion)
Tim Nanai-Williams (shoulder)

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...me-in-durban-as-all-black-contingent-stripped

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Stormfront with a 40 degree brain melt at the death in Honkers. Tried to play for a penalty, rogered it, SWolves sharply get to other end, droppie, 26-23, thanks for coming.

wft was the "grass" they were playing on, that was no creeping bent, looked like half clover, half plantain, half mown triffid.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Stormfront with a 40 degree brain melt at the death in Honkers. Tried to play for a penalty, rogered it, SWolves sharply get to other end, droppie, 26-23, thanks for coming.

wft was the "grass" they were playing on, that was no creeping bent, looked like half clover, half plantain, half mown triffid.

Geez that was a good final couple of minutes!! I was at club rugby so missed the rest. Real happy for Sunwolves!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Go the Sunwolves absolutely great finish. I was yelling at Parker to kick it out at 23 all after fulltime. I thought you muppet, youve given it back to the Stormers - fool. Little did i know their attack was more gormless than Brumbies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well the Blues/Crusaders was pretty entertaining game. By geez Reiko Ioane is not a bad winger isn't he? And SBW certainly looking ok too. In the young ones Papali'i looks a handy young 7. Crusaders had Goodhue, Mounga and Goodhue looking bloody sharp in the backline too I thought. They certainly crossed the gain line an awful lot.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

tenor.gif

We need an official list of alternative franchise names. Stormfront is definitely on it. As is NSWF. I'd also nominate the New England Crusaders and the CommReds (or some similarly Communist themed name).