• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bloos have a worse record against NZ sides than Aussie sides don't they???

Much worse in terms of pure W/L/D. But many have been close losses. It's what you'd expect when they have to play ~50% of their matches against four of the five best sides in the competition.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^ temporary insanity defence?

insane.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Chiefs ended up sending their C team out there which STILL had more than enough class to take care of the perennially D-grade Blues team. What a joke. Can't protect their own ball, can't pass. Tana WFT ARE YOU DOOOOOOOIIIINNNGGGG
George Moala's Guide To Backline Play:
skull_zpstgtwo0ft.gif

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Blues have chosen Rieko and SBW in midfield. Best Blues midfield in a long time.

They still look very weak at 9 (their best halfback is on the bench) and at 7 (the best 3 Blues opensides are injured).

Blues will struggle against the Lions but the midfield should be worth a watch.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Blues have chosen Rieko and SBW in midfield. Best Blues midfield in a long time.

They still look very weak at 9 (their best halfback is on the bench) and at 7 (the best 3 Blues opensides are injured).

Blues will struggle against the Lions but the midfield should be worth a watch.

Only if Rieko passes more than Moala (i think once would do it).

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Despite three losses so far in the season, and behind at the moment, Stormers are playing well and have some excellent defence keeping the Highlanders from scoring at least twice more than they have. Good rugby to watch, shows the Stormers are competitive against a NZ side but then it kind of ranks the Highlanders v Crusaders in terms of strength doesn't it

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Despite three losses so far in the season, and behind at the moment, Stormers are playing well and have some excellent defence keeping the Highlanders from scoring at least twice more than they have. Good rugby to watch, shows the Stormers are competitive against a NZ side but then it kind of ranks the Highlanders v Crusaders in terms of strength doesn't it

Yep I like this Stormers team, I wouldn't rank the Clan's game against them too much, they looked like a team playing their 2nd game with a break, spilt a lot of pill!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Aaron Smith would do well in the Australian cricket team. What an annoying bastard.

He's a halfback, never played against one I didn't want to smack, and none of them were anywhere near as good a player as Smith. He looks to be back to his best.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Oh sure, he's still probably the best halfback in the world.

Clapping in the face of someone who drops the ball is pretty scummy though, even for a halfback.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Oh sure, he's still probably the best halfback in the world.

Clapping in the face of someone who drops the ball is pretty scummy though, even for a halfback.
Yep like I said he a halfback so he needs a clip, did you see the start of the Rebels/Brumbies game? I actually think screaming in the face of opposite front row when they make balls up is the same, funny we never think of that. I saw Joe Powell do it too a bit later, but halfbacks doing it just annoy you more.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Glad you guys seem to think the Stormers are doing well.

They remind me of the Cheetahs, scoring some nice tries but almost always conceding about double the amount they score themselves. This was an issue noted during last season and was supposedly worked on during the pre-season but it seems little has changed.

Weak defense.

It's all the more depressing considering the pack available to them.