• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2020

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can't blame the Crusaders for playing a fullback at first five. I'd rather have Owen Franks at first five than Test Capped Cantabrian Brett Cameron.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Teams

Stormers
15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 Seabelo Senatla, 10 Damian Willemse, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Johan du Toit, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Jaco Coetzee, 5 Chris van Zyl, 4 Salmaan Moerat, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Steven Kithsoff (captain)

Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Ali Vermaak, 18 Wilco Louw, 19 Cobus Wiese, 20 Ersnt van Rhyn, 21 Juarno Augustus, 22 Godlen Masimla, 23 Jean-Luc du Plessis

Bulls
15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Johnny Kotze, 12 Burger Odendaal (captain), 11 Rosko Specman, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Ivan van Zyl, 8 Josh Strauss, 7 Abongile Nonkontwana, 6 Jeandré Rudolph, 5 Juandré Kruger, 4 Andries Ferreira, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Jaco Visagie, 1 Lizo Gqoboka

Substitutes: 16 Johan Grobbelaar, 17 Gerhard Steenekamp, 18 Wiehahn Herbst, 19 Ruan Nortje, 20 Wian Vosloo, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Manie Libbok, 23 Divan Rossouw

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can't blame the Crusaders for playing a fullback at first five. I'd rather have Owen Franks at first five than Test Capped Cantabrian Brett Cameron.

Mind you if he that bad, why have Crusaders even got him under contract?

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Because they are capable of making mistakes. That and contract termination isn't much of a thing in NZ rugby, so they'll just wait it out and see what happens.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I not a fan of Cameron either really, but he must have some potential. By the same token I a real fan of Havili, he not just a fullback, and would not surprise me at all if he didn't just surprise us all and play a pearler!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Found Clan v Shorks a hard one to tip given Clan haven't played & I'm pretty sure Shorks have the best away-from-SA record of any SA side. Ended up going Clan on the "if in doubt go Home" principle.

Interested to see how Ioane goes at 12, Mauger was talking him up during the week but I wonder if he's a tad small to be in that channel.

Anyhoo it's Game On so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan dominating possession & territory but trailing 3-13 which is a worry for them as it's not like there's a 10-point wind down there.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
More of the same Sharks brilliance and Highlanders ineptitude in the second half, pls.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The Sharks looked pretty bloody good to me, very balanced and switched on.
The Clan looked like what we expected , suffering from the loss of a lot of their main players, but their main problem was the just didn't seem to treasure the ball , especially in first half. Wouldn't write them off completely just yet, more interested to see next week, as that did look a lot like a first up game of the season, you could see what they were trying to do, play real wide, a real Tony Brown coached backline in other words. They will improve heaps on that , especially when Thompson at 13 gets his arse kicked and reminded when it that hard to win ball you don't kick it from 13 back to them.
Although obviously was hoping for a Clan win, I not surprised with result and still enjoyed the game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ tried to go too wide too early, needed to be hitting it up at least once to drag the D in rather than allowing them to just hang wide & wait for the (usually telegraphed) cross-kick. As above I wasn't sure which way it would go so not surprised by the result but defo very surprised by the margin.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
cantabs_zpssb6mcwjg.png
"My Assembled Flock. My Red and Black Devotees. It is I, Razor, your Chosen Oracle of Omniscience whom today must prostrate himself before you in a penance that you must never, ever, EVER, let end.
"For today, our beloved, beloved Crusaders have limped to a horrifying defeat at the hands of a gaggle of truant drug-sniffing Hamilton street urchins based in the impure and hated island of the north.
"First though, while I let this horrific turn of events sink in, let us spare a thought for Mr Tony Johnstone, our Eye in the commentary box. His voice, cracking with crestfallen misery as his stiffy-inducing Cantabs bent the knee in a rugby football match. Today there were no steamed up commentary boxes, no diamond-hard stiffy burrowing through bedrock halfway to fucking China and back, no aghast seismologists and no breathless phone calls from Shell Oil executives. I am sorry TJ for we have failed you.
"But fear not, for the list of those who shall suffer swift retribution for this unholy debacle has been etched in unalterable writ. It reads as follows;
-the referee, a Mr Ben O'Kweefe, for failing to address the score imbalance in a timely and sufficient manner. Verdict: GUILTY.
-The players, numbers one through 23, for failing to address the score imbalance in a timely and sufficient manner. Verdict: GUILTY.
-And, finally, the kit man, who decided The Great and Almighty and All-Conquering Red and Black army should take to the battlefield clad in what appeared to be an Auckland Blues uniform covered in chunder. Verdict; GUILTY.
"Accursed be The Hanging JAFA. Hallowed be The Mccaw Chopper. Peace out."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think that was a game of rugby!!! Shit I enjoyed that, will have to watch again to decide who were best players, though have to agree with zero, Boshier looks the goods doesn't he? And it not just this year, he looked pretty good last season. Sam Cane had a pretty good game also, all in all good stuff!

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Didn't watch the game but I at least got the result right.

It has done wonders for my Superbru, moved up 8 spots in a league of 27. Thanks Chiefs!