• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2020

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I'll take any excuse to post this try:

To me that summed up Kaino vs Adam Thomson and how important Kaino was in 2011. From memory Thomson did have an injured shoulder in that game but never was on the level of Kaino. After that game Kaino went on to be the best player in the 2011 RWC.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
To me that summed up Kaino vs Adam Thomson and how important Kaino was in 2011. From memory Thomson did have an injured shoulder in that game but never was on the level of Kaino. After that game Kaino went on to be the best player in the 2011 RWC.

Yep I was at that game, and Thomson was basically stuffed by the time Samo scored that try, was waiting to get replaced.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If we are posting videos.

Given that tonight is Blues-Crusaders...

Has there been a better try in Super Rugby history?

Would have been worth watching if he dropped it on his stroll to the corner post like the absolute tosser he clearly must be to do that.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The thing where they join the ruck and then wheel around the side and get all up in the 9s shit is irritating to watch.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ as I'm sure Dan54 will confirm, as good a bloke as you could hope to meet & very much not a tosser.

EDIT: wtf is up with Loss Bleus' lineout tonight?

Yep like WOB I have known Carlos since he a boy, very much NOT a tosser, just a very good rugby player who knew how to play mind games with the opposition. He never seemed to do anything but enjoy himself in every game I saw him play!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well DP will realise it service as normal for the Blues, I wouldn't mind knowing a few young fellas up there that don't play rugby, because they must of got all the brains, because sure as shit none of those buggers showing much!!!
In saying that will be interested to see Sotutu in a couple of years, and sure be keen on watching young Cullen Grace from the Saders!! That was a pretty special first up game at 6 for a 20 year old boy! Shit his lineout work was Kieran Read like (10 won?), that is impressive watching a kid do core role so well!!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I remain unconvinced that the Blues best conference strategy isn't to employ an extreme version of the classic South Auckland high school gameplan; pick 23 forwards and just bludgeon the other NZ teams to bits. We always lose anyway, so might as well drag them down with us. Go full niggle and 99 mode.

Just imagine it. Robinson and his Braveheart hair at centre galloping into Ennor at full pelt. Sheriff Karl running the show at first-five. A scrum that's three massive front rowers, five locks, and weighs about two tonnes. 15 man mauls. Parsons checking tickets at the gate. Akira chillin' at fullback waiting for kick returns where he gets 20/30 metres to build up a head of steam before flattening whichever poor bastard gets in his way.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I remain unconvinced that the Blues best conference strategy isn't to employ an extreme version of the classic South Auckland high school gameplan; pick 23 forwards and just bludgeon the other NZ teams to bits. We always lose anyway, so might as well drag them down with us. Go full niggle and 99 mode.

Just imagine it. Robinson and his Braveheart hair at centre galloping into Ennor at full pelt. Sheriff Karl running the show at first-five. A scrum that's three massive front rowers, five locks, and weighs about two tonnes. 15 man mauls. Parsons checking tickets at the gate. Akira chillin' at fullback waiting for kick returns where he gets 20/30 metres to build up a head of steam before flattening whichever poor bastard gets in his way.
Be great, but perhaps not Akira at 15, by the time he runs 20-30 metres he maybe to tired to run over anyone!
Like your thinking though!!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Result and scoreline very much as expected with Mounga back at 10. I could be wrong, but I think the only games they've lost over 2019 and 2020 have been when Mounga hasn't been there (Tahs 2019 and last week).

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Result and scoreline very much as expected with Mounga back at 10. I could be wrong, but I think the only games they've lost over 2019 and 2020 have been when Mounga hasn't been there (Tahs 2019 and last week).

Crusaders got beat by the Chiefs in Fiji last year (after leading 20 nil).

Your point is a good one though. Mounga so far above the likes of Perofeta/Plummer/Cameron.

Blues set piece got destroyed

One bright light for the Blues is Sotutu. That kid has some game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ some of the scrum penalties were baffling & TJF is a beast but, yeah, other than that Loss Bleus looked clueless for long periods. How Ruru continues to be the starting 9 is just beyond me, they need to switch that around & see if he's any better finishing & if not drop him from the 23.

Was really impressed with Grace, add him to the list of potential long-term AB 6's (but obviously behind Boshier & probably Jacobson who I still think will be an 8 who covers 6).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Your point is a good one though. Mounga so far above the likes of Perofeta/Plummer/Cameron.

Blues were well outplayed from 9-15, I thought midfield from Crusaders were another class. and Havili at 15 is certainly starting season well!

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think the Crusaders just started slow as per usual. They will roll all comers from now. Sad but true.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Sotutu is scarily good.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
TJ in the Comms box so a fair, balanced & insightful call in prospect. Also inciteful at least as far as Dismal is concerned..

TJ hates the Blues.

And we hate him.

So why punish him and fuck with us every single motherfucking weekend by scheduling him to broadcast Blues games? Just rotate some other prick over. Literally ANYONE will do cos NO ONE hates the Blues and fanboi worships the Cantabs like TJ does.

My heart actually sinks when his shrill, condesending, disdainful, sneering, shrieking voice pops up at the start of Blues broadcasts. Oh fuck, here we go, 80 minutes of some godlike entities with names like "Tom Christie" and "Ethan Blackadder" walking on water for an hour and a fucking half.