• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
here's a squad they picked back at the start of the year. Obviously doesn't the big guns, but you could've picked a very handy squad with this lot.

I don't know them all but perhaps Lachlan Albert at 9? Locks perhaps Fewtrell, Pugh, Tuinona or Williams?

Junior Wallabies Camp One Squad:
Lachlan Albert, Brumbies Academy
Reece Anapu, RugbyWA Academy
Angus Bell, Australian Sevens
Hudson Berry, Waratahs Academy
Hugh Bockenham, Waratahs Academy
Charlie Cale, Waratahs Academy
Oliver Callan, RugbyWA Academy
Nick Chan, Waratahs Academy
John Connolly, Waratahs Academy
Ethan Dobbins, Reds Academy
Max Douglas, Waratahs Academy
John Downes, Reds Academy
Tane Edmed, Waratahs Academy
Fred Fewtrell, Reds Academy
Josh Flook, Reds Academy
Theo Flourie, Reds Academy
Harrison Fox, Reds Academy
Reno Gerrard, Reds Academy
Tom Haddad, Brumbies Academy
Tom Hooper, Brumbies Academy
Spencer Jeans, Reds Academy
Kristian Jensen, Waratahs Academy
Tom Kibble, Reds Academy
Tyrell Kopua, Reds Academy
Jack Lafofafo, Waratahs Academy
Viliami Lea, Reds Academy
Grayson Makara, RugbyWA Academy
Zane Marolt, Brumbies Academy
Alex Masibaka, RugbyWA Academy
Callum McDonald, Brumbies Academy
Zane Nonggor, Reds Academy
Billy Pollard, Brumbies Academy
Jackson Pugh, RugbyWA Academy
Byron Ralston, RugbyWA Academy
Luke Reimer, Brumbies Academy
Alex Saaga, Rebels Academy
Dion Samuela, Reds Academy
Rory Scott, Brumbies Academy
Lachlan Shelly, Waratahs Academy
Rhian Stowers, Reds Academy
Phrancis Sula-Siaosi, Reds Academy
Tiaan Tauakipulu, Waratahs Academy
Sione Taufui, Wartahs Academy
Kalani Thomas, Reds Academy
Zeph Tuinona, Brumbies Academy
Emosi Tuquiri, Reds Academy
Tom Van Der Schyff, Reds Academy
Harry Vella, Reds Academy
Dennis Waight, Brumbies Academy
Jack Walsh, Waratahs Academy
Cooper Whiteside, Reds Academy
Jeremy Williams, Waratahs Academy
Harry Wilson, Waratahs Academy
Jack Winchester, Reds Academy

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Harry Wilson 10/15 (David Wilson's son)
Jeremy Williams Lock
Luke Reimer 7 but could be 6/8
Billy Pollard 2
Zane Nonggor Prop
Tane Edmend 10
John Connolly 15
Nick Chan 12
Hugh Bokenham 8
Angus Bell 13

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Sua'ali'i has gone to NRL, signed a million dollar+ deal and will be playing for the Rabbits on his 18th birthday next August.

I guess they could still pick him in u20s but it wouldn't make sense from a development perspective (and he's still at school but I'm not sure that is necessarily a barrier). If they just want to win though I'd have him.

Edit:

What the hell, he's staying. This is huge.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sua'ali'i has gone to NRL, signed a million dollar+ deal and will be playing for the Rabbits on his 18th birthday next August.

I guess they could still pick him in u20s but it wouldn't make sense from a development perspective (and he's still at school but I'm not sure that is necessarily a barrier). If they just want to win though I'd have him.

Edit:

What the hell, he's staying. This is huge.
Might wanna check the lead story on FoxSports.com

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just looking at some of the talent we could of had play this year.

1 Bell
2 Pollard
3 Tauakipulu
6 Kibble
7 Tizzano
8 Harris
10 Pasitoa
11 Nawaqanitawase
12 Walton
13 Petaia
14 Ralston
15 Gordon

Correct me if i am wrong on any players

R3, who is "we"? Are you meaning Rebels or Australia? If Australia, then why omit Lolesio, Frost, Lonergan, Wilson, McReight etc. If Rebels how about your two young locks?

Who is Gordon?

EDIT : forget everything I posted above. I now see you were looking at the U20s for this year.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Surely NZRU and RA can organise an u20s match as a curtain raiser before any Bledisloes this year? Throw in a Wallaroos vs Silver Fern too.

You'd hope so, the ideal would be a u20's rugby championship to go along with the actual if that goes ahead in the bubble. Could also offer a way for teams to carry an extra squad into isolation in the case they need emergency replacements that won't have to go through quarantine.

Could then also setup a women's rugby championship, maybe at a separate bubble location and really promote the three together. 6 games of well integrated international rugby a weekend, would certainly interest the broadcasters.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Surely NZRU and RA can organise an u20s match as a curtain raiser before any Bledisloes this year? Throw in a Wallaroos vs Silver Fern too.

given the current requirements for isolation and quarantine I don't see this happening, if the kiwis come to Australia they have to isolate in the hotel rooms for 2 weeks, then isolate as a group once out of isolation before they even play, then isolate again for 2 weeks on return to New Zealand. You're talking about accomodation, food, allowances for up to 6 weeks just to host one game.. You could make it a series of games, but it's still a massive logistical burden with high chance of falling over at any time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They don't have to isolate in a hotel. There's exceptions. They'd have to stay in a bubble and meet gov requirements and get ticked off but they are allowed to arrive in Aus and train immediately.

From May regarding the Warriors:

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has confirmed the Australian Border Force (ABF) has granted the New Zealand Warriors NRL team permission to come to Australia.

"This morning the [Australian Border Force] Commissioner exempted the 36 foreign nationals from travel restrictions, enabling them to travel to Australia," Mr Dutton said in a statement.
"Separate permissions have been provided to enable a chartered aircraft to land at Tamworth Airport on 3 May 2020."
The Warriors will stay in isolation in Tamworth for 14 days but will be allowed to train together during that time.

And given the situation in NZ is significantly better now I'd say coming from NZ any quarantine requirements would be even laxer.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
They don't have to isolate in a hotel. There's exceptions. They'd have to stay in a bubble and meet gov requirements and get ticked off but they are allowed to arrive in Aus and train immediately.

From May regarding the Warriors:

And given the situation in NZ is significantly better now I'd say coming from NZ any quarantine requirements would be even laxer.

This precedence may apply to the All Blacks and NZ Super Rugby teams, but not an U20s rep team just for a curtain raiser...

Additionally any Warriors players who have come over since the team initially arrived in May, has had to serve the 2 weeks quarantine without any exemption.

So yeah, the quarantine restrictions and isolations would apply.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
given the current requirements for isolation and quarantine I don't see this happening, if the kiwis come to Australia they have to isolate in the hotel rooms for 2 weeks, then isolate as a group once out of isolation before they even play, then isolate again for 2 weeks on return to New Zealand. You're talking about accomodation, food, allowances for up to 6 weeks just to host one game.. You could make it a series of games, but it's still a massive logistical burden with high chance of falling over at any time.

They're under 20's, put them up at Narrabeen for iso then billet them out.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
You'd hope so, the ideal would be a u20's rugby championship to go along with the actual if that goes ahead in the bubble. Could also offer a way for teams to carry an extra squad into isolation in the case they need emergency replacements that won't have to go through quarantine.

Could then also setup a women's rugby championship, maybe at a separate bubble location and really promote the three together. 6 games of well integrated international rugby a weekend, would certainly interest the broadcasters.

I think it'd be awesome if the managed that. For everyone concerned. Fans, players, broadcasters etc. Makes sense in my opinion.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Unless there is an Aus/NZ bubble I’d seriously doubt it will happen. The bio-security, travel and accommodation costs alone would be in the hundreds of thousands. Not sure if there is much commercial value for a Fox or Sky to provide the expenses to make it happen either.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Unless there is an Aus/NZ bubble I’d seriously doubt it will happen. The bio-security, travel and accommodation costs alone would be in the hundreds of thousands. Not sure if there is much commercial value for a Fox or Sky to provide the expenses to make it happen either.

There'd be no other international sport of anything that calibre being played in our region. That's where the value would be. And if we managed to sign young Joseph and if he's featuring in the U20s I think that would bring in a deal of interest.