• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

VRU Dewar Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Good games yesterday?? I was at the schools finals, big gap in 1st and 2nd place which is not ideal.game was halted for a serious injury, apparently he is all fine.

The dominance at schoolboy level is ridiculous at the moment, honestly I don't see the point of having a comp where one team it putting 50-80 points on every single other side all year, including the GF. However it won't change so there is no point in whinging about it.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Was watching the P4 game, Melbourne did well to come away with the win. South's had a few new faces in there side which had me a little worried, looking forward to playing Melbourne again next week if we can get our set price right.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Grand Final Schedule, main game at 10:15am as it's the only Power House game all day. (Just highlighted as it's off our FB page)

VRU GF.jpg

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
off to the Dewar Shield GF, hopefully a good day for Swingpass. Uni premiership, first in a long time (since 1967, although we was robbed by PH in 1972) and a Bled win at Eden Park. Lovely sunny afternoon in Melbourne, great for watching the footy.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well thats sucks,
You would have played in 67, no?

no, just before my time. however my avatar did.

none from one. Quins simply far to good, quicker, harder, more skilfull and better composed. Uni got killed at the breakdown, no go forward ball and at least 5 or 6 turnovers taking the ball in and "unplayable". certainly the better team won today.

roll on Wobs v Darkness

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah i watched the stream. Interestingly was talking to Sam Richards today who captained the first half of the season. He felt he'd been squeezed out and his work at the breakdown had been under appreciated opting for more noticeable running players instead. Hard not to agree with him based on where Quins out performed us.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah i watched the stream. Interestingly was talking to Sam Richards today who captained the first half of the season. He felt he'd been squeezed out and his work at the breakdown had been under appreciated opting for more noticeable running players instead. Hard not to agree with him based on where Quins out performed us.

Sam was an interesting one. Whilst he did a lot at the breakdown he also gave away a lot of PKs in the games I saw him play. Where is he playing these days?

The first 10-15 minutes yesterday was good, hard rugby and I think it was both sides sizing each other up. By that stage Quins obviously thought "we can have these guys if we do XYZ" and from then on it was a clinical performance. Every single lose ball they dove on it. Every 50/50 offload seemed to go right for Quins and the same passes just weren't going right for Uni.

T

Train Without a Station

Sam was an interesting one. Whilst he did a lot at the breakdown he also gave away a lot of PKs in the games I saw him play. Where is he playing these days?

The Emerson on Friday nights and Captain Baxter on Sunday's now I believe.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
OK, I didn't know he was a musician. I meant has he found himself a different club or is he returning to Brisbane?

T

Train Without a Station

Don't worry mate not playing music haha. Playing the field.

Nah think he's considering retiring. He's 31 now. I know he has a great relationship with Jase (like most of us who played under him do) so I doubt he'd go to another club just to play a couple more years. A few months off could see him back there next season.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Was watching the P4 game, Melbourne did well to come away with the win. South's had a few new faces in there side which had me a little worried, looking forward to playing Melbourne again next week if we can get our set price right.

KevinO, did you play in the GF against Melbourne?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yes, we choked

Commiserations, you guys had a great season and probably deserved to win the GF.

My memory of the day is slightly fonder than yours I think, I played too but for Melbourne.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Commiserations, you guys had a great season and probably deserved to win the GF.

My memory of the day is slightly fonder than yours I think, I played too but for Melbourne.
Ha-ha, you guys did well. Shut down our backs and slowed us down when ever possible.

Think if our half back did not fumble the ball in the first 30 seconds it would have gone our way.

What position did you play?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ha-ha, you guys did well. Shut down our backs and slowed us down when ever possible.

Think if our half back did not fumble the ball in the first 30 seconds it would have gone our way.

What position did you play?

Yeah that fumble was costly.

I played tight head for the game (I was the young one with the big mouth).

And you?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Haha, that's fantastic, who would've thought.

Apologies for any dodgy/illegal scrum stuff I did - probably wasn't too fair.

Hopefully I'll see you out there next season.
Ha-ha, why do you think I decided to collapse the first 3 scrums. All part of the game. Congrats on the win

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Thought it was about time I got to know a bit more about this comp.
The only reference point i can find is - http://www.rugbylink.com.au/common/...px?gradeid=17618_1&seasonid=93&entityid=53044

Am i correct;
  • There a 9 x 1st, 2nd, 3rd grade teams
  • There are 5 x 4th grade sided.
  • Am i correct in understanding there are only 5 colts sides.
  • In colts is there just the 1st XV or are there other grades.
  • The attached says the colts have only played 8 games, that seems odd for a winter sport that we are trying to grow??

Could anybody help with participation stats since the Rebels formed in 2011, I thought the formation of the Rebels may have provided a pathways so the 9 grade teams would also have 9 colts teams (playing more than 8 games)

The super players are they evenly distributed between the clubs?
Have the players from other states assisted in participation levels, engagement of players from U12 - Colts thus we may see more that 5 teams.

Are there any links that can be passed on as a reference point to assist my research.

Status
Not open for further replies.